Forty Two - The Hybrid

The next morning, Klaus, Stefan, Erica, Derek, Kol and Angelina had been hiking up the mountains in Tennessee looking for Rays wolf pack. Stefan had Rays body over his shoulders while Klaus walked beside him. Derek had Erica on his back while Angelina was in Kol's arms. He and Kol were switching back and forth in case the one got tired rather quickly. 

"Are you okay? Is Ray getting heavy?" Klaus asks 

" I'm fine " Stefan grumbles and says

"You sure about that? We've been walking for quite some time now. Do you need some water or a little sit down" Klaus asks 

"You know I get that we're uh stuck together, but if we could maybe skip the chit chat that would be great" Stefan scowls and says 

Kol and Derek sighed as they continued to walk for some time. They didn't want to deal with Klaus and Stefan because they had been arguing way to much. Their argument and arguing was also leading to Erica and Angelina waking up and that was something they didn't want with everything going on.

After some time, Erica woke up along with Angelina who was hungry and needed to feed. Kol and Derek helped Erica sit on some rocks before covering her up as she began to feed little Angelina. When Angelina was done eating, Erica helped Angelina who was asleep again. Erica looked up to Kol and Derek who were watching her feed. 

"Come sit," she says to them.

They nod and sat beside her. Kol sat behind her as Derek sat on one side of her. Erica layed her head on Derek's shoulder as they watched little Angeline in peace. They were happy to have each other and that's all they needed until they heard a noise that may them turn around to see a surprised Damon, John and Mason

"Damon, Mason, dad," Erica said quietly as she quickly passed Angelina to Derek before running to them.

"Erica" they cried out as they wrapped her in their arms. 

The four cried in tears before Mason looked to Derek who was smiling in tears.

"Derek" Mason said softly as Derek nodded. 

Kol was watching all this and was a bit jealous of the family his lovers had as he never had that. What Kol didn't expect was for Mason, Damon and John to signal for him to come over for the hug too. Kol was shocked as he came over and for the first time in a very long time, Kol cried knowing how worried everyone was. He knew they were not only there for Erica, Derek and Angelina but for him as well. At that moment he knew he had people he could trust in his life. 

After a minute, Derek went to Mason for a better hug, Erica and Angelina went to Damon while Kol looked to John. John smiled as he held Kol who still cried in John's arms. For the first time, Kol had the love of a father with him and he couldn't help the tears that's were coming down. 

"It's all right, it's all right" John says as he rubs Kol's back as Kol started to stop crying.

"What are you all doing here," Derek asked. "If Klaus finds out your here..."

"We know," Damon said "we needed to know you four were okay"

"How did you know I was going to be with them" Kol asked 

"Because Elijah left a  letter knowing how Klaus would undagger you for Erica and Derek" Mason said "we got worried after that and needed to know you were all okay"

Kol nodded as Erica looked to her dad, Mason and Damon before screams were taking over. 

"You guys need to go," Erica said worried "now please go"

Damon, Derek and Mason didn't want too but they nodded and left quickly as an injured Ray came in pain with Stefan and Klaus behind them. Kol, Derek, and Erica were in shock as Kol and Derek pushed Erica and Angelina behind them as Ray had a murderous look on his face as he looked to the group

"What the hell" Kol and Derek said as Ray quickly took off

"Go get him Stefan" Klaus said to Stefan who ran to find Ray. 

"Can we go on a walk," Erica asks Kol who was confused who looks to his brother.

Klaus nods as Erica takes Kol and Derek to a hill where they saw Damon, Mason and John walking to a car where Alaric, Jeremy, Jenna, and Isobel were. Erica felt a tear go down her face as she watched Isobel and Jenna look out of the window to see Erica, Kol and Derek watching them.

 Isobel and Jenna smiled and waved at her as Erica smiled back to her mom and aunt before mouthing I'll come home soon...I promise. Erica saw Alaric and Jeremy watching her with sadness in their eyes before Erica, Kol and Derek with Angelina in arms walked back to the cap fire. Erica stopped and fell to the ground as she started crying with Kol and Derek there to comfort her. They were going to keep their family safe no matter what. 

When they got back to the campground they saw Stefan and Klaus sitting down. Klaus saw the look in Erica's eyes and wanted to ask what was wrong but he didn't say anything and sighed

"It appears that you all and Stefan are the only comrades I have left out of all of them." Klaus says 

Kol, Erica and Derek nodded as they headed back to the trucks. Klaus was heading to the one place to find out what happened and why his hybrids weren't working but at last the expected can be expected some of the most important people in Erica's family were going there as well. 

AN: This part was the most emotional for me writing this. Didn't real help that I was listening to songs like Dynasty, Titanium and I've got your brother. Anyways, stay tuned for what's to come in the city of Chicago.