Chapter 5

Unedited

Above is picture of Cha-Young's kitchen.

*********************

"I see this window is still fine" Vincenzo commented as he touched the window he had repaired a year back. "Yeah" Cha-Young replied standing opposite him.

"You still owe me one you know" he teased. "I don't do favours unless it's business." He added which made Cha-Young laugh.

"Do you want to drink?" She asked moving towards the kitchen. "No and you are not either" he stated pocketing his hands.
"Whyyyyy??" Cha-Young whined stomping her feet, Vincenzo was being a buzz kill. "Because you are still under medication" he replied.

"Ugh" she groaned. You are worst than my dad. Vincenzo smiled and sat her down on one of the stools in her kitchen. "What you have to do is eat" he said. "Have you had anything to eat yet?" He asked her while turning the stool around to face him. Cha-Young shook her head. "Hmmmmm" Vincenzo hummed then he left her and started checking the fridge and cabinets looking for something to eat. All he could find was two packets of ramen. This made him smile, he remembered Cha-Young telling him how ramen made her look fat but she had enjoyed the one he made.

"Does ramen still make you fat?" Vincenzo asked catching her off guard. She couldn't imagine he would remember such a silly thing. It made her smile, she was so touched by the little gesture.

Vincenzo turned to Cha-Young and saw her smiling at him, he couldn't help but smile too since her smile was so contagious. "what is it?" He asked placing the noodles on the work top.

"You remembered" she replied touching her chest. "I never knew you were so attentive
" Vincenzo just laughed at how dramatic she was being. How could he forget something that concerns her. It would be like forgetting his own name. He started making the ramen with Hong Cha-Young watching his every move it kinda creeped him out. The girl should have been a detective not a lawyer he said to himself.

"Wow. The almighty corn salad cooked ramen for me again. Isn't it a privilege?" She commented hailing him. Vincenzo laughed, "I wonder if that bullet touched your brain by any chance" Vincenzo said. They were sitting on the table and eating the ramen.

He looked at her as she added some kimchi to hers and continued eating. "Hmmmmmmm" she moaned. "Oh my corn salad, you make the best ramen" she said. "But it's still gonna make me fat" she added to which Vincenzo just shook his head and continued eating with a lingering smile on his face.

He had never smiled this much in a day. Only Cha-Young could make him smile that much. "Ah, i want to go somewhere tomorrow" he started. Cha-Young dropped her chopsticks to give him her full attention. "Where too?" She asked after she finished chewing her food.

"I want to see my mother." This made her heart melt, he still had her in mind. "Will you go with me?" He asked her. She could not deny him, not when he looked so cute.

"Of course i will" she replied reaching out and holding his hand. Vincenzo nodded and held unto her hand. She picked up her chopsticks and continued eating her food with Vincenzo following suit.

The next day

Vincenzo stood infront of his mother's grave with his hands in his pocket and Hong Cha-Young standing behind him. He had not said a word since he got there, he had just stared at the picture of him and his mom on the headstone of the grave. He regretted not being able to tell her how much he loved and how sorry he was for doubting her. Those thoughts hunted him, he wanted to believe it was not his fault but deep down he knew he had caused her death.

He felt a hand on his shoulder but didn't move because he knew who it was. "It wasn't your fault. Stop blaming yourself" Cha-Young said. She knew from the look on his face that he was still blaming himself for what happened, even for when she got shot. Vincenzo nodded and turned to face her, "let's go see Jang Han-Seo." He said holding her hand. Cha-Young smiled and led him towards Han-Soe's grave. Since there was no one left in his family to perform the burial rights, she payed for everything and had him buried in the same cemetery as Miss Oh.