Life's a willow

It seemed that the hot chocolate really was a remedy for sleep deprivation, for Rory slept for the rest of the night peacefully

It seemed that the hot chocolate really was a remedy for sleep deprivation, for Rory slept for the rest of the night peacefully. She woke up the next day, ready for her lessons with the profesor. She had a wonderful morning (well mostly). The professor took pity on her and finally gave her a lesson in Roman mythology which made any math lesson seem worth it.

After her lessons, she joined her Aunts in the kitchen for her lunch break. Aunt Florence was on the dinner table. She was eating a delicious cucumber and cream cheese sandwich. Aunt Faryn was still in the kitchen finishing the sandwiches and oatmeal cookies for lunch , preparing them for the children. Aunt Mary had just returned from giving the Professor's lunch in his study.

Rory left her school supplies on a chair next to her aunt Florence. She then walked towards the kitchen's counter to steal one of the cookies.

"You're welcome," Faryn called her.

Rory smiled sheepishly as she took a huge bite of the cookie. "Thanks Aunt Faryn."

"If Rory can steal a cookie then can I?" Aunt Florence asked, eyeing her niece as she devoured the cookie enviously.

"No!" Aunt Faryn exclaimed, " It's for all the children of the house. And last time I checked, you are not a kid."

"Physically but mentally she never aged past 12," Aunt Mary said as she grabbed a plate of sandwich and sat at the head of the table. Aunt Florence let out a strangled gasp while Rory and Faryn bursted into laughter.

"Did I say that aloud?" Aunt Mary asked as if she had just realized what she said.

"It's always the people you trust the most," Aunt Florence exclaimed dramatically. This only caused Rory and Faryn to laugh even harder. Aunt Mary cracked a grin as she watched her sisters and niece laughing. The conversation was interrupted by the sound of footsteps. Each one of the employees were quick to compose themselves fearing it was Macready ready to scold them. To their surprise it was Lucy , the girl was flushed as if she had spent the entire morning outside , under the sun. She probably had.

"Hello," she said, a bit shy.

Rory turned around and grinned at the young girl. She greeted her enthusiastically and introduced her to her aunts.

"Is there anything we could help you with?" Aunt Faryn asked kidly.

"Could I have a glass of water?" Lucy responded, " We've been playing tag all day."

Aunt Faryn agreed. Rory gestured to an empty chair on the table asking Lucy to sit. Rory and Lucy sat next to each other; in front of Aunt Florence. Aunt Faryn returned with a glass of water and her own sandwich. She sat next to Aunt Florence. She also slipped a plate of cookies for the young girl. Lucy drank the water vigorously and nibbled on one of the cookies. She hummed with content as she took the first bite.

" These are just too good!" She exclaimed as she took another bite.

"Wait until you taste her chocolate cake, " Aunt Florence said conspiracionally "That thing is magical."