Presents! Hooray!

"My dear, you look beautiful," Her mother said from behind her

"My dear, you look beautiful," Her mother said from behind her.  The Queen looked very beautiful herself. Her golden curls were pinned in an elegant updo. The crown on her head looked much more prominent with that hairstyle and her cream dress really made her green eyes pop.

"Not as beautiful as you, mother," Rory smiled sincerely.

"Nonsense," The queen said as she put a hand on her daughter's shoulder.

Rory was wearing a simple blue dress, making her turquoise eyes seem bluer. Her curly hair was for once straight and styled in a ponytail.  The door opened up, revealing her father in a dark navy robe. The silver crown in his head beaming as he bowed.

"My ladies," He said solemnly, "I'm in awe with the beauties in front of me."

Rory giggled at her father's atnics while Dorea rolled her eyes fondly.

"Hi daddy," Rory greeted as she twirled, "What do you think?"

"You look magnificent Ror," Stephan said, "I'm only sorry for all the boys at the ball."

Mother and daughter raised their eyebrows in identical quizzical looks. Moments like this, it was clear that despite sharing Stephan's coloring (in hair, eyes and skin),  Rory was her mother's daughter where looks were concerned.  

"There's no way I'm letting a boy near you tonight," Stephan said solemnly, " They are all stupid and have no idea how to take care of a lady , especially my daughter."

Rory giggled while Dorea but her lip to hide her amused smile.

"Don't worry, daddy," Rory said, "I just want to play tonight. No boys involved."

"That's what  I said years ago," Stephan said ," And look at me now."

"Stop being dramatic, Stephan" Dorea chastised her husband , "Besides it's our daughter's debut as a lady to society. She must dance with every available man."

Rory immediately sobered up. Oh yes, her debut. She forced a smile trying to hide her apprehension from her parents. Be a good girl, be a good daughter, where some of the things running through her head.  Before the King could defend her honor, there was a knock on the door. Stephan opened up and a very regal satyr was waiting on the other side.

"Your majesties," He said, "It's time."

"Thank you Sahar," The Queen said kindly.

The family departed from the room and followed the satyr into the ballroom. They announced the King and Queen's arrival, which was met with warm applause and cheers. Rory was introduced next. All eyes on her, she miraculously managed to walk without tripping. She spent the rest of the night dancing with man after man.