Narnia

The last few weeks since the Pevensie's arrival had been nothing short of weird

The last few weeks since the Pevensie's arrival had been nothing short of weird.  Aunt Florence and Aunt Mary hadn't talked to each other since their discussion about Rory's past. Whenever they did , it was out of necessity and it was done in an overly polite tone that nobody bought.  Aunt Faryn tried to be a mediator, she was always kinda good at that. But no amount of individual talks with her sisters seemed to help. They were too set on their point of view.

Rory on the other hand decided to do what she does best: Bury her questions and frustration on her lessons and her job. She pretended everything was fine and great but it was in fact getting worse. Her dreams with her parents and the mysterious man were getting more frequent and more bizarre. Once, she had danced with her parents only to be interrupted by the mysterious blonde man. Not the weirdest but she was sort of annoyed it interrupted her only contact with her parents.  Then there was another time where she woke up from a dream in her own dream. That had been most displeasing and confusing. And her favorite one was her dream of following a lion and the lion talked back. He told her to have faith before she fell asleep in her own dream.  It really took the crown of crazy dreams in crazyland.

The only good thing about these dreams was her late night conversations with Peter.  She had already known she was insomniatic; since the very first meeting. But she hadn't known that it was a daily occurance like her. They took it as an opportunity to spend time together without the Macready nagging on their neck. Her conversations with Peter were starting to become the highlight of her day. (Well, maybe second. After all, singing and playing music was always going to be the first.)

Peter and Rory liked using their free time to act like kids. It felt amazing because for the first time  Rory  could forget she had a job that kept her busy  and Peter could ignore for a few hours the fact that he was the surrogate dad for his siblings. After their night on the willow tree, Peter had proposed an expedition exploring the house. They pretended they were explorers as Rory showed him the secret passages.  Then Rory proposed a midnight expedition to a nearby pond. Peter had patiently tried to patiently teach Rory how to skip rocks.

But her favorite memory had to be that one evening in the music hall. The brunette girl had shown her her favorite musicians, including her beloved Glenn Miller. Peter had listened attentively. Usually when she ranted about music all she god was nods of ankwoledgemnets and half hearted attempts to understand but Peter listened to every word and even asked her questions. By the end of the night, Peter had asked her to play her favorite songs and when she did, the blonde asked her to dance.

The best part of her friendship with Peter.   Rory could open up about her aunt's stories, her love for music and her frustration and guilt about being kept in the dark about her parents. Peter liked talking about his old life before the war, stories about his family and his dreams of becoming a doctor.  They talked about everything and nothing. From silly to serious. It was exhilarating for both of them. It was as if fate had put each other on their way to deal with their daily situations.