Midnight Conversations

It seemed like any other night

It seemed like any other night.  Rain stopped from falling and all that were dreary dark gray clouds in the sky.   After an elaborate dinner, the Pevensies had gone to bed early. Peter was the only one who couldn't fall asleep as usual. The Browning ladies shared yet another silent dinner with Aunt Faryn's futile attempts to strike conversation. They all parted their ways with awkwards goodnight and the youngest Browning was (again) restless. The two insomiatics had made plans to meet late at night under their willow tree with the idea of playing Blind Man's Bluff as well as having their regular conversations.  Unfortunately for them, this night was the beginning of  their adventure. They of course knew nothing about it but all in due time. 

That night, Peter was the first to sneak out. He sat under the willow tree and patiently waited for his companion. He ran his fingers through his hair as he thought about this morning's memories.

Rory walked a few minutes later. She was defeated, dragging her feet.

"Can we just agree that today is the worst day in the history of days?" Rory asked, tiredly as she plummeted to the ground.

She took a seat next to Peter as he made room for her. Peter chuckled bitterly.

"Agreed," Peter said ,"I guess we will have to leave our blind man game for tomorrow night."

Rory nodded lazily as she made herself comfortable by leaning against the tree in vain.

Peter noticed her struggle and decided to help her. He sat a little bit closer to her, close enough for their shoulders and tights to brush against each other. Tentatively,  Peter wrapped his arm around the brunette's shoulders. He was surprised when instead of pushing him away she cuddled, tucking her head on his neck. She was finally giving up to the exhaustion of the day. Anyone who looked through the window right now would've thought  of them as a couple.

They remained silent for a couple of seconds relishing each other's company when Peter decided to make her laugh. It was the least he could do after the crappy day  they were having.

"Being an older brother sucks," Peter muttered petulantly.

She physically felt Rory giggle in his arms and the feeling made him incredibly happy.

"Yeah I can only imagine," She answered compassionately, "I've talked to Lucy. So... Narnia?"

Peter nearly groaned at the cause of all his troubles but Rory smiled sleepily at him.

"So she told you" He stated matter of factly, "And you believe her."

Rory nodded as she rested her head on his head.

"Don't you think it's crazy?"Peter asked her incredulously.

"Peter you are talking to a girl that dreams about the dead parents she never met," Rory replied with a touch of irony.

"But that's different," Peter argued back, " This is a magical land on a wardrobe in your boss's house. That 's impossible. Lucy must have imagined it."