Chapter 3: Coincidences Can Be Strange

This chapter was supposed to be uploaded yesterday, but I was out of the electricity that day, and the power came back on at 10 pm.

Anyway, enjoy the chapter.

...

(0)

 "How was the situation with the class when I left?"

When I returned to the classroom, all I said was that I had been accepted into the student council.

I had congratulations from some of my classmates, and some said it was an accomplishment for a member of the class. After all, my class is the worst of all.

However, when I got to the classroom, I didn't want to ask about what happened after I left, so I decided better to talk about it with my brother after class.

"At first, many were worried about what they would do. But Hirata and Kushida calmed things down. I also talked to Horikita about his attitude when he heard about the class hierarchy. Her attitude was very different from the attitude of the others. And lastly, there was also the matter of talking after school to talk about how we could raise our class points, but you already know that story."

Yes, I remember. After congratulating me, Hirata asked me to speak after school to give my opinion on the subject of class points. However, like my brother, I refused, saying that I wanted to prepare for the treasurer position, which, was a lie, but it was a good excuse not to participate in that discussion.

"Anyway, don't change the subject, Kaede. Tell me, why did you ask me to cook today?"

"As you said, you would only cook for me once a month, so I wanted to take this opportunity to have you cook dinner for me. Besides, we're celebrating my being accepted into the student council."

"Speaking of the student council, what are the members there like?"

Wow, those classes are really working out for Kiyotaka to make conversation.

Those movies I found are really good for that!

"So far I only know two. Chairman Horikita and secretary Tachibana. Tachibana-senpai hasn't shown me anything, but apparently, Horkita-senpai has several requirements to join her student council. I reject a boy from class A named Katsuragi, and a girl from class B named Ichinose. Both Katsura and Ichinose were rejected because of problems."

"Did either of the two catch your eye in particular?"

"Only one. Ichinose. By the way, she's coming to dinner with us."

...

...

...

"Now I understand why you bought more ingredients than usual. And, why did she catch your eye in particular?"

"President Horikita was a little more detailed with her. He said she had what it takes to get in, but he also said she had something that can bring her down, so I want to know what that 'something' is. Tell me. do I bother you that I invited someone to dinner?"

"I don't mind. But don't expect me to stay for dinner. I'll leave when she gets here."

"That's not going to be possible. I want you to be here."

"The reason?"

"I want her to have some information from you. Basic stuff so doesn't worry about answering it."

"I don't understand. Why do you want her to know things about me?"

"It's girl stuff, so you wouldn't understand."