Chapter 6: Before the Exam

If this chapter feels rather short and rather rushed, there were two main reasons for doing it this way. The first one was the extreme lack of motivation, and the second one was that I had to do an assignment that took away from the time I normally write. Normally, I write from Thursday to Sunday evenings, because at that time I'm inspired, but if we combined my lack of motivation and the assignment I was given, that time was reduced quite a bit. And since I wanted to upload this chapter today, I made this chapter this way.

Anyway, having said that, let's start with the chapter.

(Also let me know of any mistakes you may make so I can correct them).

...

(0)

"Student Council Room".

After sending a message to Kushida about the cancellation of their lunchtime meeting due to an unforeseen event as agreed yesterday, Kaede went to the student council room at lunchtime so that she could talk to Horikita Manabu.

Kaede arrived, and entered, seeing older Horikita, who had his lunch tray intact, indicating that Horikita had not tasted his food yet.

The girl wondered if the boy was waiting for her. If so, she was truly grateful for the kind gesture of the eldest Horikita.

"Did I make him wait for you?"

The instant she asked that question, a shiver ran down her spine.

She felt that what she had said was too cliché a phrase.

"Not too much. I talked a bit with Tachibana before your arrival."

He replied, motioning for Kaede to sit in the chair next to him.

She did as requested, and sat down.

"So... What do you want to talk about?"

With the question asked by Horikita, they both began to eat, saying thank you for the food before tasting their meal.

"Since you are more experienced in this school, I hope you can answer a few questions before we move on to the main topic."

She pulled out her cell phone, and Horikita understood what the girl next to him meant by her action.

"Sure, I don't see the problem with that. However, some questions I may not be able to answer. I have my limitations."

"Yes, I understand." - With that said, Kaede said her first question. - "It's about the exam. Can you tell me how much it costs to buy a teacher to help me pass the exam?"

"What's with that question?"

"We are just a few days away from our exam, and I was curious about one topic in particular. The buying of teachers. There have been cases reported of teachers being bought by their own students, in order to get the teacher to help them on some exam, or to help them get through the school year. On our first day, Chabashira-sensei told us that, if there was anything in the school, it could be bought. That there was nothing that couldn't be bought at the school with our private points. If I rely on those words, does that mean I can buy a teacher for that purpose?"

"I can't answer that. It's not because I don't want to, it's simply because I don't know. There was never a need to do that. However, I can assume that yes, it is possible. However, I doubt very much that it would be cheap."

"On what basis do you say that?"

"I was curious to know more about the capacity of private points, so I once asked my teacher about how many points I needed to be able to pass a midterm. He told me that it was all going to depend on the passing score. For example, if the passing score for the math exam is 50 points, then for each point, you need to pay 100,000 private points, making the total points to be paid 5,000,000 private points if you don't want to take the math exam. To pass a partial exam, which is made up of 5 subjects, considering that in order to pass the exam you need to score 50 points in each of the 5 subjects, you need to pay a total of 25,000,000 private points to skip a partial exam. So, if one point on an exam costs 100,000 private points, how many points do you think it will cost to buy a teacher? It must be quite a lot."