Origins: Stoneheart Part 2

As she pinned the photos from yesterday, her fingers traced the outline of the two heroes. They seemed so familiar yet (Y/n) couldn't put her finger on it, sure had only been a week since she came to Paris, a day since school started. But she just had this feeling she knew them from somewhere.

When her phone beeped, (Y/n) was shaken from her thoughts, especially seeing it was Nathaniel. Ever since yesterday, especially after the Stoneheart incident, he kept checking in even offering to walk to school today. It warmed her heart to see someone actually care. As another text came throug, (Y/n) felt her smile grow big as she gathered everything she needed for the day and headed out the door, soon seeing Nathaniel at her front door.

"Let's go."

-------

"For the last time, I'm fine. So stop looking at me like that." (Y/n) said. She didn't even have to look at him to feel the his stares.

"I can't help it. I wouldn't want to lose a friend."

"Seriously, thank you. I'm glad you worry but I assure you I'll be here as long as I can." (Y/n) told him as she focused her camera to a group of students.

"Why are you always taking pictures?" Nathaniel questioned, hearing a few snaps go off before (Y/n) sat next to him, reviewing the pictures.

"I could ask you the same about drawing." (Y/n) teased, though she noticed it made him a bit uncomfortable as he began to fidget with his pencil. "I'm kidding. I like taking a lot pictures because I know how time is fleeting. I would rather have something to look back on and easily remember the good times."

"What do you mean?"

"I move a lot, Nathaniel. It's been that way ever since I could start taking care of myself. So I try to capture some good memories. It helps..for the most part."

Though before Nathaniel could say or do anything, a comotion caught their attention. Everyone was caught in awe, gasping at the sight of the one and only Adrien Agreste. Soon they began swarming him, asking for autographs or a photo all the while Chloe was glued to his side.

"So he actually made it."

"Do you know him?"

"I met him once, nothing much." Nathaniel felt a wave of relief wash over him as he heard those words. He just felt weird seeing that smile and her eyes following the teen model. Though he knew he probably shouldn't, he couldn't help it. The heart does what it wants. "Well, want to head inside?"

"Sure."

As the duo entered the classroom, (Y/n) placed a thumb drive on Alya's desk with the pictures of yesterday as promised when Adrien and Chole walked in. His eyes lighting up as soon as he saw (Y/n). After the events of yesterday, he was awestruck to say the least.

"Welcome to school, newbie. How's it treating you so far?"

"It's not as bad as the movies make it out to be."

"Hmm, I would beg to differ. Just you wait for the mounds of homework and I'm sure there's drama around the corner."

"I'm just glad I'm here. I couldn't care about anything else."

"Well it's nice to see you here. Your effort really paid off." (Y/n) said, patting Adrien on the shoulder, heat rushing to his cheeks. As they exchanged smiles, (Y/n)'s eyes soon averting from Adrien's as he turned to see what was happening. His eyes widened as he watched Chloe put a chewed piece of gum on Marinette's seat.

"Hey, what's that all about?"

"The brats that sat here yesterday need a little attitude adjustment. I'm just commanding a bit of respect that's all."