Copycat

(Y/n) knew she looked bad, she knew her eyes were still puffy from nights filled with tears but she wasn't one to flake out on plans. She wasn't one to disappoint others because of her 'selfish' needs so (Y/n) did what she done numerous times over. She pressed on, trying to pretend like everything was okay. When deep down, she knew the truth and didn't want to face it.

Stagg had always tried to help anchor her to what matters, he was always there through so much. Trying to pick her back up, to reassure her through it all. At least he always tried to. There only so much he could do for his wielder he loved so because if she didn't want the help, he could only offer it again and again. Hoping that her mind may finally change, that she may finally give in and let it all out. As Stagg stood by, listening to her woes and helping her through the process.

And as they sat in front of Master Fu, as silence had longed settled between the two, neither wanting to break the ice. To ask the question or say what needed to be said. At least not until (Y/n) asked for the plan today, only then did things start.

"As much as the Kwami can pick the wielder, it is our job to understand people. To know their values and their selves to match them up with the best miraculous. Only then can we get great heroes, like yourself. Since they will put the needs of others before their own, they will know how best to use their abilities and the miraculous as they were intended to be. It's something you must keep in mind when giving these to others." Master Fu said, but he wanted to know more. More of (Y/n) and what led her to this state. He could only assume the cause of her pain but he needed to hear it from her. "(Y/n).."

"I don't want to talk about it."

"I didn't even say anything."

"I know that voice, Fu. I know you want to know me, to know my troubles. I just don't want to talk about it."

"And you can't hold it in."

"Why does it matter? Nothing changes, I've been to therapy and that hasn't helped. I turned to friends but all they said was I was overacting. Nothing changes, I just keep getting hurt."

"I understand. But you have people that care about you, they wouldn't want to see you like this."

"They don't understand. They wouldn't understand, maybe Adrien and Chloe might but not fully. They still have memories and parents who love them. I don't. And in the end, I would get their pity and rejection. Because I'm not this person they thought I was."

"You never know if you don't try. They could be different."

"I...have to get to that sculpture unveiling. I'll see you later, Fu."

And as (Y/n) left, her phone to her ear, Master Fu could feel his heart begin to break for her. Seeing her in this familiar state, seeing how distraught and empty she felt, he knew that promise he made to himself had been broken. One that would see to (Y/n) finally having a life she could look forward to, where she didn't have to worry of her imposing parents and could finally be set free from the chains they bound her in.

He knew he could only do one thing for her: to start again. To be better this time and never let her fall again.

---------

"Artemis, you're my inspiration for this. The other two may get more recognition than you do, but I just want you to know, I see you. You try just as hard, if not harder, than Cat Noir and Ladybug. You are an amazing hero in my books."

"Thanks, I appreciate that." (Y/n) said, flashing the man a smile. But she felt like she didn't quite deserve this honor. Well, more like the more she gazed upon the statue, the more falsehoods she saw. The facade she kept up even a hero because she didn't know what else to do. She didn't know how else to be...how else to be loved if she didn't do all these things. The statue only cemented that fact. "You're Theo, right?"