The Mime

"Alright, put posters over the school. How are things going on your end?" (Y/n) told Kim, holding her phone tightly as she ran through the streets. Dashing and darting through crowds as she made her way to Marinette's. The election was coming to a close this week and they wanted to put their best effort out there until the very end. Just like their competitors.

"Great! The last of the cards are being made right now, we'll pass them out Monday. I think we have a real shot here."

"Yeah, possibly. Just remember we're only here because you were brave enough to put yourself out there. You should be proud of yourself. I know I am. Who knows what might have happened if you didn't."

"You really know how to sweet talk a guy." Kim teased but through this time of getting to know (Y/n), whether she did it unconsciously or not, but she had a way with words. She always seemed to know the exact words someone needed to hear. Those honey laced words of hers that stirred anyone's hearts. It was no wonder so many looked up to her.

"You call it sweet talk, I call it encouragement. Anyway, are you going to Mylene's dad performance tonight?"

"Yeah, see you there, right?"

"Yup, see you later." (Y/n) smiled as the call ended, things were going smooth for their small campaign. Even if it didn't mean much to her, she was glad to see Kim happy and doing something more than sports. Breaking out of the stereotypical box everyone else put him in and showing there was a lot more to him than met the eye. Regardless of what Chloe said to everyone, no one put him down but they lifted him up. Empathizing with his fear as they all felt it and it wasn't anything to be embarrassed about. Which gave Kim even more confidence in this small campaign. So no matter who won and who didn't, (Y/n) knew that he would be changed in one way or another.

She was ecstatic about it all.

And he wouldn't be the only one changed by this. (Y/n) supposed change was the horizon, even if it wasn't her own choice, she knew coming back to Paris was the best thing. She would cherish as long as she could.

Soon her running came to an end, entering Marinette's family bakery, greeted by Marinette's mom. It was clear where the teenage girl got most of her looks from.

"Hey, Mrs. Cheng, I'm here for Marinette. She wanted to go to the show together tonight."

"Ah, you must be (Y/n). Marinette has talked a lot about you." Sabine says, only catching herself after the words escaped her mouth. "Please forget I said that. Marinette is still sensitive around it. She means well."

"Don't worry, already forgotten it." (Y/n) says. "Either way, Marinette is a lovely girl. I know how she gets when she's flustered or embarrassed. She's still getting used to being around me as just a friend, so I rather keep it like that way for now."

Sabine smiles, seeing what her daughter saw in this girl. The kindness and maturity she exalted; she would be a keeper in her eyes. At least, if it ever came to that.

"She's right upstairs in her room."

"Thanks Mrs. Cheng." (Y/n) said, almost running up the flight of stairs and soon making her way to Marinette's room. She popped her head through the door, looking around at the room that had Marinette written all over it. Pushing the floor door open more and stepping into the room, she took a look around at the very pink decorations. A bit too much for her own taste but it suited Marinette well. (Y/n) slowly made her over to Marinette's desk, seeing the wall of pictures of Marinette with friends, family, etc. She picked up one in particular, wondering when this was taken.

"(Y/n)?! When did you get here?"

"Just now. Am I here early?"

"No! I mean, no, right on time." Marinette took a deep breath, steadying her nerves as best as she could. Telling herself again and again that this was nothing more than friends hanging out. No matter what other feelings were involved, they were friends. Marinette was fine, especially after the voicemail she left for (Y/n). She was glad to still be in (Y/n)'s life than outcasted for one wrong move. "What were you doing before this?"