Rogercop

"Happy birthday Nathaniel." (Y/n) said, giving Nathaniel a small smile. She turned to fully face the red headed boy, taking in his shocked expression as he stared at her in disbelief. Unsure whether he was going to believe in all the sign before him. And so with a deep breathe, she uttered her little phrase as her costume disappeared leaving her daily visage bare for him to see. "Consider this part two of your birthday gift from me to you."

From earlier, (Y/n) managed to grab her little present to Nathaniel and gave it back to him now. She watched as he hesitantly opened it, seeing him still unable to snap back from the shock, and instantly began to glow up as he tore away the paper. Finding a new journal personalized for him along with a new set of assorted pencils, markers, and such. 

As he turned to the few page, he could saw words scribbled on it

Never stop creating, you have amazing stories within you. Ones that'll take everyone to different worlds as they fall in love with the characters you made. I for one look forward to all of what you're going to create. -(Y/n)

"This is...this is all so much."

"I know, I know. I didn't exactly mean to dump all this on you at once but it just happened."

"Why?"

"Because I trust you, Nathaniel. And I really just need a friend who knows about this, who won't tell. I just need someone else who knows about this side of my life."

Nathaniel stood there for a moment, unsure what to say or really how to express the feelings that stirred in his heart. He felt touched that he was the only (at least among that small group) to know of this side life of hers. That she trusted him so to let it all out there. But it just seemed to be a roller coaster of emotions from shock to heart-warming to awe and uncertainty. But seeing the dreariness in her eyes from all the hiding, he wasn't going to be walking away any time soon. Nathaniel decided he was all for it, no matter what it all entailed. Because if it was (Y/n), he would do anything to help.

"I'm glad you told me. I'll be here for you, (Y/n)." Nathaniel said, taking her hand in his. For once he didn't quite feel nervous, instead he felt courageous to step out of his bubble and make a small move if anything. And the present, it's beyond perfect. But I'm in this for you, forever and always."

"I'll hold you to it then." (Y/n) joked, leaning closer to Nathaniel. She could feel his comforting warmth, making her inch bit by bit until she rested her head against his chest while her arms wrapped around his torso. She could feel as he slowly hugged back, the two staying like it for a bit as the music of the city filled the air, letting them to savor the moment at hand.

-------

"You can come in if you want. We won't be here for long anyway." (Y/n) said, unlocking her apartment. Watching as (Y/n) entered the apartment, leaving the door slightly ajar, he hesitantly followed suit. Very awkwardly finding a seat on the couch, trying to keep his gaze on the floor. Though curiosity kept nagging at him to look around and when he did, he was rather surprised at the dull looking apartment. He had thought it would reflect her personality and everything she was.