The Bubbler

"So what did you think of it? Good? Bad? Meh?" (Y/n) asked Nathaniel, as she packed away Adrien's present once more that day. Admittedly she was a bit nervous about it, unsure whether Adrien would like it or not. After all, it was something she decided to make with what she had and her first crack at something like it.

"No, it looks great. I'm sure Adrien will like it."

"Thanks Nathaniel, I needed that little boost of confidence." As (Y/n) put her hand on his shoulder, Nathaniel could feel the heat that radiated from that touch and his skin tingling from it. His hands began to feel sweaty as he fidgeted a bit. And as much as he loved to see (Y/n)'s smile, her sweet, sweet smile, he couldn't help but feel a bit jealous. Envious of the attention she was giving to Adrien, whether it was his birthday or not. "And you don't have to say it. We'll hang out soon. I promise."

And just like that, Nathaniel could feel his restless heart finally calm. Leaving him wondering how the hell she so easily crept into life and slowly into his heart like it was nothing. How she could read his mind in a sense and just ease his worries.

"You know my birthday is coming up. Would you like to spend it with me? Just the two of us?"

"Do you even have to ask? Of course, I do." As soon as those words left (Y/n)'s lips, Nathaniel couldn't be happier. It was the cherry on top, one that made his heart flutter, unable to stop the smile that spread. He wasn't sure how he could be this lucky to have (Y/n) in his life. "I'll see you later Nathaniel, I have a birthday boy I need catch up to."

(Y/n) waved goodbye to her friend before running out of the school, shouting for Adrien while hoping it was too late.

Right as Adrien was about to enter his silver chariot, he was stopped by one voice that always brought one big smile to his face, no matter how tough of a day he was having.

"Thank god I caught up to you."

"Hey (Y/n), what's up?"

"Well this was as good as time as any, this is for you. One custom present for the birthday boy. And before I forget, happy birthday Adrien!" (Y/n) said, handing Adrien his present, which he gladly took, pink beginning to dust his toned cheeks

"Thank you, (Y/n)." Adrien wanted to say more, though the words that formed in his head just seemed to get caught in his throat before ever reaching his mouth. After all, he was looking to this more than he would ever admit to. The very thought of getting a gift from (Y/n) had filled his mind ever since their little modeling session together. So he did something else, wrapping his arms around her, Adrien gave her a big hug which (Y/n) kindly returned. "Really, thank you."

"You're welcome. Anything for a friend."

As much as he hated to hear that word, Adrien gave (Y/n) a smile before parting from her and getting into his silver chariot and off to a photoshoot.

"Hey (Y/n) want to join me? I'm going to talk to Adrien's old man about a party for him."

"Sure, I mean how bad can he really be?"

-------

(Y/n) couldn't have been more wrong and she's had her fair run of cold and rather harsh people. And Gabriel Agreste was definitely up there on that list.

His very appearance was the epitome of a strict and possibly helicopter parent. From his ever present scowl to those near gray eyes that were nearly void of light. Yet beyond it still remained an immensed love that often struggled to show. It probably didn't help that Nino was stumbling over his words, trying to be respectful but despite his best efforts they were just falling short.