Darkblade

"So are you going to run for class rep?" Kim asked (Y/n) as they walked to school together. After Valentine's Day, things just clicked together, and one thing led to another. It was simple talking at first, then deciding to start meeting up just to walk to school together on the occasion, just to get to know one another, as (Y/n) and Kim both wanted.

"That's a thing?"

"Yeah! I was thinking about actually running this year."

"Oh? What's stopped you from doing it before?"

"Chloe, who else? She said she would tell everyone I'm afraid of spiders. She keeps using it against me and I want to keep it as a secret for now."

"Well, you told me."

"You're different. I just don't want people to mock me for being scared of spiders."

"One, no one would do that. No one likes spiders, well maybe everyone except Juleka. Are you sure there isn't something else?"

"I-I just don't like to be humiliated." (Y/n) put a hand on his shoulder, telling him he didn't need to go any further. It was times like this where he understood why so many were attracted to her. She always offered a safe place. A shoulder to lean on and always seemed to care more than anyone else in the world. He wondered why everyone seemed to gather around her, despite transferring in what seemed like weeks ago. He could understand part of it now, and glad to make the first step, especially seeing the necklace he gave (Y/n) adorned on her neck. "Thanks."

"Anytime. And if you really want to, then go for it."

And yet as they arrived to class and Miss. Bustier poised that same question of running for class rep, (Y/n) looked to Kim. The moment he started to raise his hand, it went down just as fast. It seemed like he wasn't quite ready for everyone to see him differently.

Not that (Y/n) could blame him.

And as lunch came, (Y/n) took a seat near Kim, seeing his downcast expression.

"I know what you're going to say. I'm an idiot for not going for it."

"No, not exactly. But think about it like this, why let anyone tell you what you can't do? Just stand up to what Chloe has against you, that's what a leader looks like."

"I'm scared."

"Almost everyone is. But the good leaders are the ones who do it despite the fear. All I'm saying is give it a chance. Worst comes to worst, you'll still be stuck with me in the end."

"I can think of worst things..." Kim begins before stopping himself as (Y/n) looks at him, eyebrows arched. Almost curious as what he was going to say in the end. But it wasn't such a bad thought after all.

"So what are you going to do, fearless leader?" (Y/n) jokingly asked, she knew it was probably better to move onto a different topic. "I can help with your campaign, I'll be by your side every step. If that eases your fears at all."

"I think...no, let's do this (Y/n)! We can win this for sure!"

"That's the spirit." (Y/n) said, as they spent the rest of lunch brainstorming ideas. The two in their own little world, tuning out everything else.

No matter what anyone else was scheming, no matter what Chloe or Marinette would try, Kim and (Y/n) would do their best too. Even if it's not as glamorous as Jagged Stone or doing what everyone else wanted. They would do it their own way.

---------

At first, this was a simple autograph signing to get everyone to vote for Chloe (even if it was through bribes), just an action to get people on her side. (Y/n) wanted to see what it was all about (like everyone else), but more than anything she wanted to check on Chloe, it had been weeks since Valentine's Day, since the two stopped talking. (Y/n) had hoped that it would incite some change but on the surface, Chloe had yet to learn her lesson fully. Originally, (Y/n) wanted to talk to Chloe in between everything, until chants and trumpets began to fill the city and the sound of rumbling footsteps inched ever closer.