Dark Cupid

(Y/n) looked at her work before her, seeing the desks lined with little goodie bags filled with an assortment of candies and sweets, a small note for them. Wanting everyone to feel some sort of love or appreciation today, as they all deserved it. Everyone deserved that, no matter where they came from or who they were. They all deserved some sort of celebration for being who they were.

And maybe, a small part of her simply wanted to forget.

"(Y/n), your phone is ringing again." Stagg said, appearing with her phone in hand. It was a struggle to say the least but it was something worth it for her. Because she needed to take this, she needed to take steps forward.

"Let it."

Course, Stagg knew she would act like this, she was as stubborn as always. Especially when it came to matters like this, where she tried to convince everyone that everything was okay. That she didn't need help or to be real. That she didn't need to let old wounds finally heal.

"Fine, then I'll just answer it for you."

"No!" (Y/n) immediately grabbed her phone away from Stagg as it finally stopped ringing. She just didn't want to think about it right now, not today. "Right now isn't a good time."

"When is it ever? You can't keep running away."

"I'm not running...just waiting-"

"To find a better excuse, stop trying to fool me. I know all your tells."

(Y/n) turned away from her Kwami, she wasn't sure what she was trying to do. Stagg had been there for her through so much and she still tried to pretend in front of him. Thinking he'd be like everyone else and think nothing of it.

Though before Stagg could press on, the bell rang as the others began flocking to the classroom finding a nice surprise on each of their desks. Their eyes lighting up with happiness as they indulged themselves, a sight that made her day. As they all felt cherished. They all felt some sort of love in a way. They all felt seen.

And not that they all would admit it aloud, they all knew who did it. The only person who take this much time so they had some gift on a day like this.

"Thanks (Y/n)." Nathaniel whispered to her as Ms. Bustier began the class. It was the first real Valentine's Day gift he received, one where it wasn't forced because of school but it came from the heart of someone who cared. Taking out a piece of paper, he slid it over to her.

She took it, slowly unfolding it to se a hand drawn picture of herself, signed by Nathaniel. It was astonishing to say the least with the amount of detail he put into it to capture her presence and feel. From her more rebellious look to the playful smirk she often wore. It would be something she would frame and hang on her wall forever.

"It's gorgeous, Nathaniel. Thank you, I don't know what else to say."

"It's nothing, really. You deserve it and here's something else." Nathaniel passed another paper to her and this time he drew herself as Artemis. Capturing the small details of hero attire to the engravings on her bow, it seemed so real like you could take it off the page. And at the bottom, a little note:

Your secret is safe with me, always. I'll help you keep it.

(Y/n)'s smile grew as she silently thanked Nathaniel again and again as Ms. Bustier was catching onto their note passing and small whispers. He was the best friend she felt like she didn't deserve.

The rest of class went on rather uneventful until the last bit as Ms. Bustier spoke on true love's kiss and all the fairy tail clichés. At least until (Y/n) spotted Adrien rather focused on whatever he was writing. It was clear he frustrated, unable to write words he wanted to say. She was curious yet worried.