Mr. Pigeon

"So far, so good. But I know you can do better." (Y/n) taunted Cat Noir catching one of his clawed fist. Her smirk grew seeing that little mischievous glint in his eyes.

"You're a good fighter, where did you learn it?"

"Let's just say I've had my fair share of teachers, won a few awards, and of course I used the internet. That's always a great source."

They both laughed as Cat Noir lunged for her, his claws barely missing her as she dodged. But as she was more focused on his fists, she forgot to notice his feet. Especially as they swept her own right from under her.

As (Y/n) felt herself lose balance, feeling herself fall backwards, she smiled seeing Cat Noir's progress. They been at this almost a month and he was learning quickly, catching onto the smaller aspects of the fight, seeing more of the bigger picture. She could see during these sparring matches, seeing those calculating eyes as he tried to anticipate her next moves and move accordingly. She could see it during a handful of fights with akumatized victims, how he jumps at the opportunity to lead, to come up with a plan than sitting back and following after the first person to tell him what to do. (Y/n) was proud of him in so many ways, that she would let him have this little win. After all, Cat Noir deserved it and she knew this was only a fraction of what could come.

But as she awaited for the impact against the ground, it never came. She opened her eyes to see emerald ones looking back at her, a small smile coating his face as he held her by her waist. It was instinct on Cat Noir's part than anything, especially as he realized how close they really were. Their faces mere inches apart, so much so he could see a few features he never noticed until now, namely her tender (e/c) eyes; just like ones he'd seen in his every day life before.

"So are we going to stand here like this all night or what?"

"S-Sorry, I-I didn't-" As Cat Noir stuttered an answer out while his eyes averted away in embarrassment, he felt a finger press against his lip.

"Don't sweat it, I don't mind. It's not like you did anything wrong."

Setting her back on her feet, Cat Noir still couldn't help but feel embarrassed. It was just something about the heroine that reminded him of someone from his every day life. It was like it was on the tip of his tongue but he couldn't quite figure it out.

"Alright, I think this is a good place to stop. I'll see you for our next late night rendezvous or if Hawkmoth decides to act up once more." (Y/n) said, waving goodbye to the hero. Cat Noir, on the other hand, stood there dazingly waving goodbye even as she leap off into the night. Her figure growing smaller and smaller.

Both unaware of the eyes that watched them from afar, eyes filled with regret and envy. Yet unsure what to say or do now.

-------

While (Y/n) watched the minute hand slowly tick down, entirely tuning out Mr. Damocles and Ms. Bustier as they spouted on about some sort of design contest, trying to do just about anything to soothe her boredom. Until her desk partner tapped on her shoulder, getting her attention.

"Hey...(Y/n), my birthday is coming up. I was wondering if you wanted to celebrate with me?" Nathaniel shyly muttered, feeling his heart simply race at the mere question. He hoped he could have sounded more confident or at least looked (Y/n) in the eye just like he practiced again and again, wanting nothing more than to get it right and hear a 'yes'.

"Wait, hold up a minute, you're just now telling me?! When is it?" Although Nathaniel was taken back a bit, he could see the way her lights lit up. How nothing else in the world seemed to matter except him and his next answer. And how it made him warm to the core knowing such a fact.