Nineteen

~ Annalise

I don't know what to wear and it's stressing me out.

I'm still in my pajamas and Ro is picking me up in like twenty minutes.

For my hair I just braided it and pulled out some curly pieces in the front.

Maybe I'll wear a dress? Eh, nah. I'm not in the mood to wear a dress. Plus it's kind of chilly out.

You know what I don't have time for this.

Walking over to my dresser, I pull out a pair of low rise jeans and a black shirt. I don't usually wear cropped shirts, but why not.

Almost there, Ro texts.

My eyes widen and I quickly slip on my converse.

I grab my sunglasses and bag and head out.

Wait.

Quickly, I go back in my room and grab some jewelry. A few thin rings and a necklace.

Okay now I'm good.

"Where are you going?," Vera asks as I walk into the living room.

"Hanging out with Ro," I answer honestly.

Her eyes skim my appearance. "Damn girl. You look great. You've got a great body, should show it off more!" She gives me a bright smile before taking another sip of her coffee.

I can feel myself growing red. I'm not used to compliments.

Here!, Ro texts.

"Thanks. Maybe I will. I gotta go now though, I'll see you later," I tell her.

She waves. "Have fun...don't do anything dumb."

I purse my lips and she sadly smiles as I close the front door.

Ro's car is parked on the curb. The windows are tinted so I can't see inside but when I open the back door I freeze.

Jesse and Reed sit there. Both staring at me.

My eyes widen behind the sunglasses.

Are you fucking kidding me.

I look to Ro. He's also looking at me from the front seat. A sorry expression on his face.

"They wanted to come!," he tells me.

Blake turns around and looks at me. Her eyes go wide. "You look hot as fuck."

"Thanks," I say, a flush creeping up my neck, while stepping into the car and seating myself next to Reed.

She turns forward, changing the song playing.

Babydoll by Dominic Fike comes on.

Without meeting Reed or Jesse's eyes I snap my seat belt into place.

"Sup Anna," Jesse says suddenly.

I look up and I'm met with his hazel eyes. I don't have any romantic feelings for him but there's no denying that he's a pretty ass man.

I'm surprised he even remembers my name.

"Hi," I offer him a tiny smile and turn away. Then I slowly turn back. "Anna?" I tilt my head.

He shrugs and smiles.

Reed is still staring at me.

"Hello to the mathematician himself," I meet his eyes over the tops of my sunglasses when I tilt my head downwards.

His cheeks turn a little pink. "Good to see you too, Anise."

Today's he's wearing a backwards baseball cap. Some hair on the sides of his head escaping and curling slightly. A grey sweatshirt, his usual baggy blue jeans, and a pair of slightly dirty white air forces adorn his body. A necklace peeks out the top of his hoodie.