Forty one

~ Annalise

"God the woman on that train was disgusting!," Ro pretends to gag.

"So you didn't like the sight of her clipping her dirty toenails?," Reed gasps, pretending to act surprised.

I scrunch my face is disgust and playfully hit his arm.

He bites on his bottom lip and looks to me, trying not to laugh.

My eyes glance to his mouth and I can feel my stomach slowly turning inside out from the memory of what he did to me half an hour ago.

I think he must know what I'm thinking about because he bites his bottom lip to try to stop the cocky smirk forming on his face.

I purse my lips and look away. Oh screw you and your pretty face.

Ro leads us as we walk down the streets of Manhattan.

It smells like cigarettes and mixture of food from the different restaurants lining the streets. Taxi's and cars honk. And just a tinge of that nasty New York smell.

Reed sneaks his hand into mine as we walk.

I willingly wrap mine around his, locking our fingers together.

Whenever he does stuff like that my chest constricts in a way that feels...exciting.

"Ro where the hell is this place?," Jesse pipes us from next to us, walking with Blake.

"One more block! Now shut up."

Jesse rolls his eyes and Ro continues weaving through the other people on the sidewalk. Making sure not to step in dog shit.

I glance up to Reed.

His jaw is naturally hard, his hair having that naturally messy look that somehow looks good, and his green eyes being illuminated from the street lights.

I guess he can feel me staring at him because he looks down to me as we walk and smirks before separating our hands and throwing his arm over my shoulder, pulling me against him.

The scent of coconuts makes me smile.

I look back up to him. "Have I ever told you that I'm obsessed with your scent?"

His eyebrows furrow. "My scent?"

I stare at him with seriousness. "Ever since I've known you you've always had an aroma of coconuts. It makes me want to eat you." Like just...bite him.

His lip quirks up and he tilts his head down towards me. "I'll always be served on a platter for you if you ever you know...get hungry."

My eyes narrow and I try to pretend like I'm not physically affected from that comment. But I say nothing.

He chuckles at my speechlessness.

I roll my eyes with a stupid grin and stubbornly cross my arms.

"You know...I've always thought you've smelled good too. Not sure like what, but good." He leans down. "Taste it too," he adds in a quiet voice.