Twenty five

~ Annalise

Biggie plays in my earbuds as I walk down the street.

Even though my sweater warms me up my face is still cold from the wind.

I can't believe I'm doing this right now and actually agreed to come here. No money involved.

A random barbie doll is on Reed's front lawn.

A smile creeps onto my face. Gracie.

Hesitantly, I knock on the door and remove my headphones to shove in my pocket.

I turn and look around while I wait. Shit it's kinda cold. Red leaves are scattered all over the street since it's Autumn.

When the sound of the door opening calls my attention I turn back around freeze.

Reed stands there with a slightly busted lip and a black and blue bruise on his cheek.

My eyes widen and my mouth falls open.

Without any warning he grabs onto my arm and gently pulls me inside, closing the door behind him.

"What the fuck happened to your-" I cut myself off when he lifts his finger to his mouth, telling me to be quiet.

I feel my face heat up when I look at his choice of clothing.

No shirt, a necklace with a little charm, and black sweat pants.

Without saying anything, he holds onto my wrist and quietly drags me to the stairs.

"Why did you call me-" Reed quickly turns around and places his hand over my mouth.

I stare up at him confused. My heart rate picks up.

When he takes a second and listens around, he decides to continue going up the stairs, bringing me with him.

What the fuck is going on?

When we finally reach his room he urges me to go inside first, then closing the door behind us.

I turn around and look at him. "What was the point of that? What the fuck happened to your face? And why did you call me?"

"Long story. Got into a fight. Need to be quiet since dad is home. Ya ya shit shit and more shit," he pushes past me and goes to his dresser.

I watch as he pulls his pants down and is left in his underwear before continuing to look through the drawers.

My hands lift immediately and I cover my eyes. "Woah there- Listen I don't know what the fuck you want but if you're removing your clothes for another reason then I'm leaving."

Suddenly his deep laugh registers in my ears.

"If you're suggesting that I called you over here to fuck, you're wrong. If you want to though we can work something out." I can feel my face burn from the comment.

"I'll pass," I respond. Still covering my eyes.

He chuckles and my stomach flips. "You can open your eyes now."

When I open them he's now wearing a pair of dark blue baggy-ish jeans and grabbing a sweater off his bed, even though he's still not wearing a shirt. Those abs, damn.

He tugs the black sweatshirt onto his head and then grabs his converse off the floor to put on.

I watch with pinched eyebrows as he ties his laces and grabs the baseball cap off his dresser, pulling it onto his head.

"Why did you call me over here? You said you wanted to go over something for math?"

He grabs his keys off his nightstand and starts walking towards me.