Nothing Left To Say

Vance's POV

"The founders already know about our plan?" tanong ko kay Grey na nagdidilig ng kanyang bagong vegetable garden. "To save Hedone?"

"Oui," sagot niya. "Mom was the one who broke the silence and asked the Academy to give us the rest of the week for training, and she requested they give Reign a break."

"A break from what?" usisa ko.

"From stress?" Grey sighed as he answered.

"Let me get this straight." I crossed my arms against my chest. "We get whole days without classes until the celebration of the lunar goddesses?"

"Mmm." He continued to water the seedling he's been watering for the past thirty seconds.

Pabalik-balik ang pagsulyap ko rito at sa kanya.

"You're killing the seed, Grey," sabi ko.

He gave me a sheepish grin. "I know."

"Something's wrong," puna ko. "I can feel it."

"How about we start with the fact that the leader of the Orion Organization is walking among us?" 

Napatigil ako. "What?"

He stopped drowning the seedling. "It's Henri, Vance."

Kumunot ang aking noo. Bumukas ang aking bibig pero walang ni isang salita ang lumabas dahil sa sunod-sunod na mga katanungan sa aking isipan na hindi ko kayang ikasya sa isang tanong lang.

I took a deep breath with my mouth still opened, and swallowed the extreme confusion in my throat.

"What?" I whispered, unbelieving, before screaming. "What?!"

"You're telling me that we killed huntsmen, when we could have killed their leader instead?!" nangangalit kong tugon. "And what the fuck?! Henri?!"

Ibinaba ko ang aking mga kamay. "I'm going to kill him," saad ko. "I am, going to kill him."

"Trust me, I would have done the same if Mom did not ask me to stay calm and not cause any more..." Kumibit-balikat siya. "-chaos."

"Coming from you, Grey?" sarkastiko kong tanong.

My jaw tightened as I started to count the times I could have ended the organization with my own hands if I knew.

"The founders do not want to start a war within the Academy," sabi niya. "We cannot destroy it."

"They respect that, and Henri seems to respect that too," dagdag pa niya. "A mutual understanding. A temporary truce."

"There's a big possibility that he was the one who sent your sister to Tartarus with Hedone, Grey," nangangalit kong paalala sa kanya. "Are you okay with knowing that the man who could have killed your sister is walking around the same place as you?"

"Control and discipline, Vance," he also reminded me. "That's what we're good at."

"Does not mean we don't have to do something," dugtong ko.

"That something will eventually lead to something bigger that will destroy the whole valley," aniya. "So, just don't."

"And don't make me regret my decision of telling this to you." Pinaningkitan niya ako. "There's a reason why the twins, as well as Zack and Bella don't know about this, yet."