|5| Not interested

It's Friday, the guys are training while I'm waiting for them in the stands. Diego is at his basketball practice, while Camila is with the cheerleaders on the fields practicing too.

I am athletic, it's not because I don't play any sports at the moment that it means that I never do. I prefer to jog alone, with my dog, my music, and my thoughts for company. Cami tried to sign me up to come to the cheerleader's team, but I can't do it, it was too much for me. I'm not ready to do it, and I probably won't ever be.

I'm currently listening to my music and doing my homework. I admit that sometimes my gaze is drawn to the boys. They are all concentrated, for once, and rather sexy.

Stop ogling them, perverse.

After my first day at school, I started hanging out with part of the football team. Obviously my brothers and Peter, but also James, Marco, and Jared among others. Unfortunately, he too hangs out with them. Even though I avoid him most of the time, it seems I'm reduced to having him in my paws every day. They are not that bad. I mean, of course, they are pretty arrogant and like to think dirty, but they are really funny and put me at ease.

I didn't realize I'm staring at them while I was in my thoughts until James started to grab my attention, diverting me from my book.

"Are you checking me out, princess?" He asks me, smirking and winking, wiping his mouth after drinking, using his T-shirt obviously taking his time to let me glimpse at his rather very muscular body.

"In your dreams," I respond playfully as I roll my eyes, pretending to come back to my book to avoid his mischievous smile.

"Indeed, I'm always dreaming about us. Do you want to know what's happening in these dreams, princess?" He begins to climb the steps towards me while smiling maliciously.

"Oh no, no, no. Please don't tell me," I say, pretending to be scared because he's practically towering over me now, only to be quickly interrupted when my twin starts yelling at him.

"Don't even try to touch her pervert, go downstairs, or I'll kick your ass." We laugh at that while he winks at me.

"Don't worry, I'll tell you later my love." He takes my hand and kisses it while I laugh, especially when he starts to bow only to get up hastily at the sight of Peter and my brothers.

"You are so dead James!" Peter and Jason scream at the same time as this one descends the stairs at lightning speed and begins to escape from them who are now chasing him, with real desires for murder. Meanwhile, everyone laughs, everyone except him.

He has a broom in the ass or what?

It doesn't matter, and then why do I care about what he does or what he feels, it's not like it would change anything for me.

After training, Noah, Jason, and I go home. Diego plays basketball in the garden, dad is locked in his office, and Noah and I are watching Netflix while Jason is talking to Emma on his phone. Sometimes he includes me because I'm supposed to be her best friend in the first place. But, it doesn't matter as long as they're happy, I'm happy too.

A typical day at the Domínguez.

After dinner, we all go to bed, but I ended up staying up late as often. Like most nights, I write tips and new ideas for my novel in my notebook. It's an escape for me, something that keeps me sane. Then, I crawl under my blanket because I have to go to bed and try to get some sleep since I need it.

I'm about to turn off my phone when I receive a message from Diego.

𝟸:𝟶𝟹 / 𝙳𝙳 : 𝙰𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚠𝚊𝚔𝚎?