|42| Perfect way of being suspicious

Today I feel weird, it's a strange feeling, I'm actually quite happy and it's abnormal.

I can't forget what happened at the party and after. Later when he brought me home, everyone had left and the boys were cleaning the house. They asked me questions and I just said I was with him helping at the association. I didn't mention the night and everything else, they didn't ask either. I helped them clean and we didn't do much after since we were all tired.

At school, we avoided each other all morning, but this time it was more out of embarrassment than hatred. I saw him looking at me from time to time, and I did the same. Also, James smirked at me all morning, and Peter kept looking between the two of us. Marco asked me what was going on because everyone seemed weirder than usual, I simply shrugged and we kept working on our experience together, but I didn't miss his gaze on me from time to time, as if he was trying to decipher something.

****

I'm currently heading to the cafeteria alone, the boys are already there and the girls are having a cheerleader meeting. I was in the library with Levi before, but he left me to go smoke and he didn't want to go eat, but I don't want to miss lunch. He's crazy, it's the best time of my school day. However, I won't force him to do something. We appreciate each other, and we don't always act like everyone else. We don't try to change for the other, we just accept the other as he is, and that's what strengthens our friendship.

I join the boys' table, and to my delight, the only available seat is right next to him. I look at him and he smiles gently at me but quickly turns his head. If he feels embarrassed, we are in the same case.

James gives us a sneaky smile, a perfect way of being suspicious, while Peter looks rather embarrassed and seems to be thinking a lot. It obviously attracts the attention of Marco, who already seemed very curious since this morning. He tilts his head in curiosity and watches us without saying anything. This makes me rather uncomfortable, just like him apparently because I can feel him fidgeting nervously in his seat, plus he's been playing with his food on his plate without eating it for at least five or more minutes.

Someone, please help us.

Jason sees my embarrassment and tries to entertain me for the past ten minutes. He asks me some things about tomorrow's math test and a lot of futile things, as I try my best to answer him, but I feel gazes on me and I think I'm blushing more and more with the minutes.

"Okay, that's it. What's wrong?" My twin asks everyone, some of them completely unaware of what is happening, while others try to act innocently. But one thing is certain, if some were not concerned by the scene before, they are all listening now and seem pretty interested.

"Yes me too, I want to know what the four of you are hiding. And don't lie to us, we're not dumb," adds Marco, fixing James whom he knows is the best to admit everything.

"Nothing-" Begins to say Peter nervously, but freaking James, who can't keep his mouth shut, literally exposes us.

"They were exchanging saliva at the party," he exclaims, clapping a hand on his mouth right after, and widening his eyes when he sees our glare.

Of course, he would spill the tea.

"What!" All the boys at the table are silent, mouth-open or smiling stupidly. I'm not even talking about the faces of my brothers. Ours are pretty red, I try to hide my head behind my hair in shame as he tries to avoid the gaze of everyone, especially those of my brothers who are like daggers.