|41| He is full of surprises

ELIAS

I wake up with a jolt. The music is still loud, but it's not what woke me up. Avalon screams and trembles with all her body, she is completely panicked.

I hold her tight in my arms as I try to comfort her, but she doesn't want to calm down. She no longer shouts but she calls for her brothers or a certain Madison. She struggles in my arms but I do not let go. She just keeps on repeating that it burns and that it hurts.

After around five minutes, she pushes me violently. I'm about to grab her again but she pushes me violently and starts vomiting on the bed. I don't know if the alcohol is responsible for this, but to see her like that is horrible.

I feel helpless, I can't calm her down. Now she cries and continues to tremble. I start to approach as she lets me, I take her in my arms, then bring her to the bathroom. She no longer struggles, but I can feel her fragile and exhausted body.

What could have happened to her to put her in this state?

I put us in the shower, I still hold her in my arms, then turn on the water and let her warm up a bit, and when it's hotter, I place us underneath. I can feel her still crying, but I also sense that she is relaxing a bit.

After a while, I put her on her legs, but continue to hug her tight as she hugs me too, really tight but I'm not complaining. She is still crying, but less and less, and at least she is no longer shaking.

I turn off the water and we sit in the shower. I place her between my legs and keep on tightening my embrace as I stroke her hair and try to comfort her by saying soothing things to her, just like Noah did last time. The simple thought of it makes me sick as I see it's apparently really a regular thing.

We were at Jared's house, it was the last night of our little trip. The day has been really great, she seemed to be really happy and relaxed during the campfire. Everyone got to bed really late, but not too late since some were supposed to be driving the next day. Everyone was asleep, it was only me, Jason, James, and Levi who was reading, while the three of us were talking.

Diego had a little somnambulism crisis, so Jay took care of him since we forgot to lock their door, but apparently, it woke up Avalon. She came into the living room with us a little bit after Jason left with Diego. Something was definitely different about her. She seemed disoriented, completely lost, a bit like she was still sleeping. Something quite normal since she has just woken up and alcohol was probably still circulating in her veins, but it was still odd.

James tried to talk to her but she was completely absent. Levi tried too, he helped her sit on the couch with us, waiting for Jason to come back. He looked stressed as if he knew something was happening.

We were talking while she just sat and did nothing. James tried to include her in the conversation but she wasn't paying attention, her vision focused on nothing but at the same time it looked like she was looking at something in particular.

"Ava, you need to sleep now. Come on Diego is back to his bed, you can go back too," Levi said to her, but when he tried to take her arm, she caught his hand aggressively, not even looking at him.

"Jason!" He then screamed and Jay arrived quickly after, not understanding why Levi was screaming when everyone was supposed to be sleeping.

Yet, I remember clearly his face when he arrived and saw Avalon having a strong hold on Levi's hand, looking like she was about to cry. He ran to her and started to force her to look at him, it was so weird. She did look at him but nothing was happening, her eyes were glassy. She was definitely about to cry, however, I don't know why she wasn't saying anything.