One:

You may believe  you know a story, but truly you only know how it ends. To get to the heart of the story, you have to start at the beginning.

For only in life, there is certainly death.

This is a lesson that many come to learn when given the opportunity to enter the Court of Henry VIII, some were fortunate enough to survive but behind the colourful silks and decorative jewellery was the blood of the fallen, severants and Rpyals alike.

Those who were in favour of the King weren't even safe from those that wish to see them fall, it was never wise to lower your guard, the King had a wandering eye and was known to take a mistress or two.

One Queen Consort knew this well, chosen by the former as a ploy to steer the King back to the Catholic faith, she was crowned Queen of England with the Pope's blessing.

This is the story of Queen Isabella De Angelo.

___________

The sun was beaming beautifully, taking the opportunity to get some needed fresh air from the chaos that was happening within the English court, Isabella laid on the blanket underneath an old oak tree; enjoying it with her sisters.

What made it even more special was also sharing this moment with a man who held her heart, Philip, a boy she had known all.of her life.
They both entered the English court, Philip was the son of a wealthy merchant and an heiress, whilst Isabella and her sisters were the daughters of an Earl and the granddaughters of the now retired Italian Ambassador.

Despite being from prominent, wealthy families, they were mostly unnoticed by the English court.
Isabella's eldest sister, Claude, was still currently serving the French Queen as one of her ladies and rumors were spreading that the King was seeking to divorce Queen Catherine to marry another.

"I am to ask his grace, Cardinal Wosley for your hand in marriage, Bella."
Isabella's heart skipped a beat as Philip took hold of her hands, his fingers were rough and calloused from holding a sword as he was also a foot soldier for the English army.
"And what if my father does not agree?" Isabella spoke, glancing at the ground. "He believes a marriage between you and I will not suit, apparently you are below my station."
"Then we shall run away! I do have family in Spain, or we can go to France- as your sister happens to be in the French King's favour..."

Isabella stepped away from him, tears almost threatening to fall, her blood boiling. "What are you trying to stay, Philip? That my sister is going to lower herself to be the new mistress to the King of France?"

Not waiting for his excuses, Isabella picked up her skirts and walked away from him, calling her sisters to follow; she did not once looked back.

No matter how many times Philip called her name.

______

Catherine knew it was a matter of time before she was discarded and replaced by the Boylen woman Henry has been chasing, he had numerous mistresses before but he always returned to her.
But this woman...

This whore, Anne Boleyn, she was becoming a challenge.
With her letters that she writes to her Nephew and to the Pope, begging them for help, to do something...
It was her Ambassador that gave her the idea.
Replace Anne with a woman who could keep Henry bound to the Catholic faith, since he could not divorce the Queen without the Pope's blessing.

The Queen at first laughed at the idea, but she had failed to birth a living Prince of Wales, even though she succeeded once. Perhaps what Elizabeth of York stated was true, that the marriage between Catherine and Henry was cursed.
There would be no sons born to them as in the eyes of God, she was his brother's wife and even though her marriage to Arthur was short-lived and not consummated, Catherine believed Henry will use that to his council.

With many wealthy families eager to throw their youthful daughters in the eyes of the King to further their ambition, she would need a woman that would only loyal to her for this plan to succeed.

Did they believe she was blind?
Did the Boleyns believed that she will give up her crown... Mary's birthright and claim to the English throne so easily?

She was Catalina of Aragon, a Spanish princess, a warrior Queen.

Yes, she may have lost the love of the King, but she has not lost the love of the people, and Catherine can use that to her advantage.