Five:

It had been a few weeks since the feast, Lord De Angelo scolded Isabella for the insults directed to Lord Rochford, though he did not command her to apoloize for them nor offer the Boleyns a gift as an exchange. It was quite clear who the De Angelos supported, and it was not the Boleyns.
Even the King did not reprimand Isabella for her actions towards George. Even with Anne's pleas and George's complaints, Henry only laughed at the idea of punishing a girl over a mere insult.

The council meeting had been adjourned by the King, his keen eyes watched as Thomas Boleyn waited around with Norfolk, usually Henry allowed them to linger in his presence but ever since the feast - Isabella De Angelo had plagued his dreams more so than Anne ever did.
"Lord De Angelo, please stay."
The look that both Boleyn and Norfolk shared did not go unnoticed by the King, they seemed rather flustered that the King allowed his grooms to shut the door on them, there was an awkward silence between Lord De Angelo and Henry.

"Lord De Angelo, I understand that your daughter, Isabella, has recently joined the Queen's service and has hardly ever been at court. Pray tell, why is that?"
Lord De Angelo arched an eyebrow at the question. "My late wife asked me to protect all of our daughters' virtue and honour until a well suited match is found, I only done what I could, your majesty."

"Do tell me all that you know of her."
"Has... Has my daughter caught your eye, your majesty?" Lord De Angelo asked, slightly uncomfortable as he did not mind the King having Mistresses, but now that the King has set his eyes on Isabella - it made a horrid taste fill his mouth.

"I simply wish to know more about her, Isabella is a new face, and I wish to know a little about those in my court. Would you not agree?" Henry sat forward. "Is there anything specific that comes to mind?"

"Isabella has shown herself to be loyal, honest, and kind. Those traits will not waver anyone if they go against what she believes in. We have raised her to carry herself with pride and grace, your majesty, Isabella would do almost anything if it does not go against what she believes or prides herself on." Lord De Angelo replied, his grip on his hat tightened. "I must be forward, your majesty. If you are looking to make Isabella your mistress, she would outright decline, gracefully, in her duty towards the Queen."
"I do not wish to take her as my mistress, Lord De Angelo. I find the Lady Isabella De Angelo to be a puzzle."
"A puzzle, your majesty?"
Henry nodded. "I find her to be an enigma. Faithful, guarded, virtuous, but by all means stubborn."

"What of Mistress Boleyn? Has your love for her begun to fade?" That was a good question, Henry had to admit that the spark between himself and Anne was dimming as a result of the Pope's stubborness to grant him a divorce and the Boleyns ambition for power, some of the nobles looked down at the Boleyn family but if Anne becomes Queen, then they would be shown respect.

"Leave that to me," Henry replied, waving off the Lord's concern. "I would like to speak to Isabella again, however, since she is the Queen's service, it quite clear that she will not be willing to be in my presence, alone, out of loyalty towards her Queen. Which is why I ask you to accompany us... From afar."

Lord De Angelo bowed. "Yes, your majesty."

Once De Angelo left, Charles approached his friend and King, a smile upon his face. "Come Charles, we are to go to the gardens."
"Is Lady Anne to join?" Henry tilted his head slightly, Charles made no hesitation to hide his dislike towards Anne or her family, especially since they now believe theor station is of equal standing.
"No."
____

"Mistress Isabella, come here." Catherine called, making the girl look up from her needle work and approached the Queen with a deep curtsey.
"Your majesty."
"I have knowledge that the King will ask for company soon," Isabella's eyes widened as she scanned the room for those that would spread the rumour, if it was to be true. "Worry not, I hear you will not be alone with him."