Seventeen:

It was almost a week since the birth of Elizabeth, the physician gave Anne strict instructions to not engage in sexual relations, ride or do anything that would put extreme stress on her body as it had not healed yet but short walks in the gardens would be beneficial for her wellbeing.

Anne was churched and presented back at court with little to no praise for the birth of her daughter, there was not even a feast held for her return to court, but she did not let that bother her.

She was the King's Maîtresse-en-titre, Henry only just needs to present Elizabeth at court and give her the title as Royal bastard and be raised in the Royal nursery alongside legitimate and other illegitimate children to the King, Henry's next wife and Queen will not be able to remove Elizabeth without angering Henry.

This is what Anne can live with. After all, she may not be Queen of England, but she is Queen of Henry's heart, that much she is positive on.

_____

"Do you truly love him?"
Catherine's question made Isabella stop her needlework suddenly to the point of almost poking herself with said needle, her eyes locked onto the Queen's own eyes.
"I do, your majesty, even though I tried so hard not to."

"The King loves you, I can see it." Catherine replied with a small smile. "You are loyal to him."
"Of course, but I cannot trust him." Isabella spoke truthfully, nibbling on her bottom lip. "His majesty's love is fickle, like any man, and one day he may bore of me and seek another or return back to Lady Boleyn."

"Sweet Bella," Catherine used Isabella's nickname, which the girl was surprised that the Queen even knew it. "Whenever the King is in your company, I have seen the Prince Henry that I used to know. He is truly in love with you. His majesty loved me out of duty to the marriage vows, and the moment he had with Anne Boleyn was not love but lust."

Isabella nodded, glancing down at her needlework. She was currently embroidering the Tudor family's crest onto the collar of a shirt for Henry, a task that Catherine had given her.

Lord Cromwell was announced, his eyes glancing between Catherine and Isabella, immediately wondering why they were so friendly with each other when Isabella would some day replace Catherine as Queen - that is if the King's plan worked and the marriage is granted null and voided, Mary would keep her title as Princess but she would return to Spain with Catherine.

If that failed, Henry would break from the Catholic faith, anoint himself as Head of the Church of England, and Mary would be declared as a bastard.

"Lord Cromwell."
Cromwell was brought out of his thoughts. He bowed his head shortly towards Catherine, and he then proceeded to read out the King's degree. "His majesty's union with her majesty, Queen Catherine of Aragon, is null and voided with the blessing of the Pope. Queen Catherine will now be acknowledged henceforth from today as the Dowager Princess of Wales and her daughter, Mary, will be no longer acknowledged as the Crown Princess of Wales, but just Princess."
Isabella quickly rose to her feet, her heart was skipping a few beats as her eyes fell onto the aging Queen now Dowager Princess - this was moving all too fast! Did the Pope's convy not only touched English soil last week? Had the King and his privy council been planning this?

Cromwell handed the King's degree over to Catherine, who let out a small laugh. As Lord Cromwell made his departure, Isabella immediately fell to the woman's feet. "Your majesty... I do not wish for you to leave."
Catherine patted Isabella's hand softly, a small smile upon her face. "I am sure the King would allow Mary and I to remain in England to witness the crowning of the new Queen of England." She replied, helping Isabella to her feet. "Come now, a Queen does not bow to anyone but the King."