Ten:

It took Henry a full month to ask Anne to visit his bed, Norfolk and Thomas Boleyn believed he was waiting for Princess Mary to survive her sickness, since she was born a sickly child and no one thought she would survive infancy due to complications during her birth and Catherine's age.

It pained Anne to know that Henry will still keep Catherine as his wife, despite her barren state, and if by some miracle the Pope grants him a divorce, Anne will never be crowned Queen. No matter how many plans her family comes up with, Anne was not surprised at her father's greed and ambitions for power, but what surprised her the most was that George was following in his footsteps.

"May I visit your bed tonight?" Henry whispered in her ear, his body pressed up against her back as she threw him a coy smirk, stepping slightly away only for her King to pull her back. "Do not tease me so, Anne. I cannot wait any longer."
Holding back a laugh, Anne turned to face him, ignoring the court and the feast before them. "I suppose you have been paient enough, my love."

His fingers trailed down her neck, she stepped closer to him, and whispered low enough for only his ears. "I have often stated that only my husband would claim my maidenhood, but know this, whilst I cannot claim the title of being your wife, you are my husband in my eyes if not in the eyes of God."
"You know I would, Anne, if it were possible."

It is possible. Get rid of Catherine, declare yourself the head of the church, and make me your wife. Let me rule by your side and give you strong, healthy sons.

Anne gave him a small smile. "I know, my love." She soothed, pressing a small kiss upon his lips. "I know."
"Tonight, then." Henry whispered as he left her with an aching heart and burning body.

When Anne could not take any more judgemental stares or whispers, she rose to her feet, and her eyes immediately locked onto her father and George, who was flirting with a pretty unknown maiden and her friends. Anne also noticed that the Lady Jane Parker was glaring at the girl, everyone she laughed at whatever George spoke, whenever Jane's eyes landed on George - there was a helpless look within them, Anne knew that look, she shared the same whenever Henry was speaking to other women.

Nodding her head towards the corridor, this was the first time in weeks that Anne sort out her father as his ambitious attempt to achieve power like Norfolk also made Anne want to throttle him for his stupidity and greed.

"I may as well tell you that tonight the King will be visiting my bed." Her voice was stiff and firm.
Anne made to leave, but Thomas caught her arm, making her turn back to face him. "I am certain he will treat you with the utmost respect and devotion, Anne."

"Save your concern, Father. I am certain that the King will reward you regardless of my well-being."
Pulling away from him with a swish of her skirts, her eyes stinging as she fought back the tears that threatened to fall.

_______

"It will happen tonight," Catherine spoke, getting Isabella's attention as well as other ladies. "The King requested to visit his Mistress's bed."
"I am sure once the King has bed the harlot, your majesty, he will be bored with her," Jane Seymour voiced her opinion on the matter as many other ladies nodded in agreement. "Just like her sister, Mary."

"His majesty has spent seven years wanting to make Anne Boleyn his Queen, Lady Jane," Another Lady, Rosalie, spoke up, receiving a small look from Jane Seymour. "Anne Boleyn is the King's Maîtresse-en-titre, I highly doubt the King will be bored after one night with her."
Some of the elder ladies in the Queen service t'sked at Rosalie's words, but they could not deny that it was the truth.

"Well, I for one will pray that the whore never births the King's bastards." Jane replied, more to herself than to anyone in particular. "We do not need anymore Boleyn spawns running around."

"That is enough talk about Anne Boleyn and bastards," Isabella spoke as she noticed that the conversation of Anne Boleyn was starting to become too much for Catherine. "Can you not see that it is upsetting our Queen?"
Jane Seymour glanced down at the ground, more out of embarrassment than shame, Rosalie was quick to apologize as did Jane.

_______

The Lord's and Dukes of the King's privy council was slightly confused as to why their King had prolonged the meeting. None even mentioned the missing presence of Norfolk, Boleyn, or Rochford.
"There is something I wish to share with you." Henry spoke as Cromwell handed him the letter from the Pope, which Henry held up for them all to see. "My good Lords and gentlemen, the Pope has finally given his blessing to annul my marriage to the Queen, Catherine on the grounds that our union went against God and therefore it was cursed to be sonless."

The council was too stunned to speak, but Charles Brandon gathered himself quickly to reply, "Congratulations, your majesty." He chose his words carefully. "The Lady Anne shall be a great Queen."
"Anne Boleyn is not to become Queen. She is my Maîtresse-en-titre, Charles."

Henry observed the facial expressions of each member of his privy council, noticing that some had the look of greed and ambition dance across their faces, now that the Queen's crown was for the taking. He wondered how long it would take for his court to be filled with pretty, unmarried women who would be pressured to try and catch his eye in the hopes of becoming Queen.

The King purposely had kept Norfolk, Boleyn and Rochford from this particular meeting due to the fact they may stop him visiting Anne's bed, he was sure that at the beginning that Anne was pressured into gaining his favour but during the years, Henry had a hold over her heart, that and the promise of becoming Queen.

Henry stood outside Anne's chambers. He was not sure as to why he was hesitate, this was Anne.
His sweet, innocent, and beautiful Anne, a woman he worshipped the ground she walked on.

Taking a breath, Henry knocked on the doors before opening them and headed inside.