Twenty-One

The King's birthday was fast approaching, Isabella spent hours wondering what she could give a man that had everything.

Well, almost everything.

Isabella stood in front of the mirror, staring at her reflection's stomach underneath her chemise. Her hand automatically went to her flat stomach, wondering if she would be with child soon.

Giulia appeared with Isabella's choice of clothing for the tonight's festivities. The dress itself was made out of purple, breathable Italian silk to compete with the heatwave that England was currently experiencing. Gold lace lined the sleeves, as diamonds embroidered the bodice in floral designs with gold stitching.
Elizabeth, Clarice, and Dorothy stepped forward to assist Giulia with dressing their Queen, as Jane held out several jewellery pieces for her to wear.

Isabella noticed that Jane was dressed differently. Instead of her normal traditional English gowns, the other Seymour woman was dressed in a gown of French design, which dared to show a little more cleavage.
Jane also seemed to be wearing make-up, rouge was added to her cheeks and lips, and her hair seemed styled differently.

Perhaps this was an attempt to get into the marriage market since they all were of marrying age, though Dorothy, Jane, and Clarice were a year or two older than her.
Though Isabella had a feeling that this was an attempt to try and get the King's attention.

Isabella chose to wear a necklace of amethyst and diamonds, diamond earrings with amethyst stones and a matching ring. Her hair was braided and pinned back with an English gable hood, turning away from the mirror as Giulia smiled.

"You look beautiful, your majesty."

______

"Make way for her majesty, Queen Isabella De Angelo."
Everyone stepped aside, bowing or curtseying to her. As she walked passed her eyes fell onto the Boleyns, especially Anne.

Anne Boleyn's status as the King's Maîtresse-en-titre now mother of the Royal Bastard has not risen, yet the Boleyns and Howards still dared to act as if Anne was Queen.

Henry greeted her with a warm smile, helping her to her seat. "My Queen."
"Your majesty."
Isabella accepted a glass of wine from one of Henry's pageboys, as her eyes scanned the room, her father and sisters were standing in the distance, and they too seemed to be scanning the crowd.

Ever since Isabella's marriage and coronation, Lord De Angelo was given his own Dukedom. He was now Duke of Somerset. And his new title came with lands and a new estate to oversee, which kept the aging man quite busy as he had no heirs to inherited after his death, unless one of his daughters, aside from Isabella, marries quickly and gives birth to sons.

And those sons would be the new Lords and Earls, inheriting everything the De Angelo daughters could not, had Isabella not marry the King.

Grace was set to marry a French nobleman, Lucrezia and Sophia were on the marrying market, Lords, Earls, Barons and Viscounts all came calling to court the De Angelo daughters - some even stated it was to gain access to the Queen's favour, but Isabella knew that her father was not stupid nor was he as ambitious as most of the people in her court.

Her sisters will have long, happy marriages with lots of children.
She was sure of it.

Henry rose from his seat, and the room instantly quieted as he offered his hand out to his wife. "Shall we dance, sweetheart?"
Isabella looked quite surprised but accepted nonetheless.

"Play a Volta!"
Isabella heard several of the courtiers let out gasps of surprise, whispers began to fill the room as the King and Queen got into their positions, they were use to see Henry dancing a Volta with Anne Boleyn, eyes glanced towards the Boleyn family - Thomas Boleyn seemed to look as if he tasted something foul.