Chapter Three

Dominic texted me, asking me when I would be out of work. I told him what time so he would be waiting for me.. What a creep. It was a long day, I worked through my break since I just wanted this day to be over already. It was slow paced just handing the cash register. After Ellie's mother dismissed me from work I gathered my things and went outside. Dominic was waiting for me there, right in front of the restaurant.

"How was work?" Dominic asked after I was seated inside his car.

"Good. Slow." I answered shortly. Not in the mood for conversation.

We were on our way to his house. I kept down my nerves. Dominic never invited anyone to his home. Well except for me, now he was inviting me. "Do not be scared Timothy. You are not in trouble. I will only kill you." he laughed moments afterwards. I was scared now. "I am just kidding. Like you Americans call it, JK?" I chuckled while sinking down into my seat.

We pulled up to his driveway. His 'house' was just marvelous. Many would not even imagine being able to even step foot inside this home. I couldn't even imagine it, I was definitely not worthy of it. His house was huge, everything seemed perfect.

I don't know what possessed me to trust. Dominic. Maybe because he seemed trustworthy. I met Dominic when he was there at Ellie's home, with his friend, that now is Ellie's fiancé. Ellie introduced me to both of them. Dominic seemed to take a special interest in me because he offered me a job while Ellie and Vincent were talking nonsense. Dominic told me he owned his own business. Both government and nongovernment related. I dared not to ask at that moment. He was shady. So Dominic gave me his number and told me what he did. Dominic recruited people who did not have a job and so desperately wanted a job or were in fact homeless and gave them a job. He promised me business, he knew what I felt and he fulfilled my broken desires. I owe him my trust.

"Well we are here." Dominic spoke. I stepped out of the car, shutting the door behind me. "Now come." he led me inside his wonderful, obviously expensive house. "I wanted to speak to you about my clients. Why they are disappearing once you do business with them?" he spoke bluntly. I looked at him in shock. "I do not mind my clients, I work for the government and they will soon see a pattern building up. Do you have something to do with this?" I shook my head quickly.

"No- no! Of course not! I just give them my number and they give me my pay and after that I leave. They never call so I have no idea." I told him. "I swear I have nothing to do with it." he looked at me suspiciously.

"Okay, I will believe you. I will believe you because you buy me great business. Come sit, sit and eat. The servants have prepared some food for me and my guest. You are my guest. Timothy." I could not believe I was in a situation like this one. Sitting down on the chair he pulled out for me, I looked at the food. The fancy looking food. "I understand it will have a bitter taste to it. But that is the point. A unique taste." he toasted and drank his wine looking at me as I picked up mine. I drank it, the bitter taste going through my throat and mouth.

"This is good." I commented. Dominic looked at me for a second longer before smiling, actually smiling and setting down his cup.

"Very well than." he sat up straight and picked up his fork. "Lets eat." I nodded and we ate some delicious looking and tasting food. Then came desert. Topped with cherries. Sweet whip cream, chocolate ice cream, and much more in one little golden cup. "You may wonder why I have invited you." he said breaking the silence. "I do not want you working with my clients or my business club no longer."

"Why! I swear its not me, I don't know anything about what's happening! Just let me work at your club at least-" he shook his head and put his hand up to silence me.

"I understand that you are not the issue. This is just for the protection of you. You are my favorite worker and I do not want to lose the best I have. It is dangerous working in this business. I do not give a care about the others but you, Timothy, are quite different. So please do not make this any difficult." Dominic explained to me.

"So what, this dinner was an 'I'm dumping you,' dinner?" I snapped standing up. "Fine. Okay. Alright." I threw my hands up. "I don't need your type of business anyways. I will go and find someone else who will hire me and let me work for them or with them." I began walking away.

"You will not, you are mine and mine alone. You will not go find someone else. You belong to me, you are under a contract." he spoke in his calm yet so cold voice.

"I don't belong to you! Screw the contract and mostly, Screw you." with that I opened the door and ran out. Not knowing how I would get home but I would somehow make it home.

"Timothy come back here!" he shouted. I know, I was overreacting but just imagine someone taking away your escape from this cruel reality. Just ripping it away. I wanted to cry. I had been rejected so many time, I couldn't take it. Suddenly memories began coming back as I began trying to escape. From who was following me.

"Come back! You know we will catch you no matter what." the all too familiar voice taunted me. I took that deep breath again and kept running. "Just quit and fall." they taunted again. I suddenly tripped and fell. How cliché. I yelped in pain as I somehow managed to twist my ankle. "Got you." one of them whispered in my ear. I shivered and began screaming and yelling for them to let me go.

"Let me go!" I yelled. I kept twisting around but this only added a punch to my face. "Please." I sobbed. I was dragged to the daily spot that this happened in. I was stripped from my clothes, every single fabric and-

"Timothy!" I was being shook. But not by a memory, by a real person. "Calm down. It is only me." I shook my head and looked around realizing I had collapsed in front of his home, in his drive way. I was looking up at the sky trying to figure out how I got myself into this situation. I wanted out. I wanted to leave this cruel world, I wanted to lose my memories. Anything to make me not feel this pain again. "It is okay Timothy. Just breath." Dominic told me. Closing my eyes I took a deep breath and relaxed into his arms. Reality hit me and I was about to pull away from his arms but he pulled me closer into his chest and I soon felt warmth all around me. I was safe for the time being.

---

I slowly opened my eyes. The first thing I realized was that I was back in my room. Back in Ellie's house. The next thing I realize was a shadow right in front of me. Towering over me. I rubbed my eyes and went to turn on the lamp next to me but then, whatever there was. It was gone. Or whoever it was. I sat up and slumped as all the events that took place today passed through my memories. Nobody should know what I went through. Nobody should know that I'm a broken cause. But I will pull through by smiling. By being like I had always been before three specific people decided to ruin that for me. I was happy, if I convince myself enough. I might finally start to believe it.

Staring out the window, it was nighttime. I took out my laptop and checked the time. It was midnight. But as much as I tossed and turned tonight. I couldn't find myself to fall back asleep. I wanted to do something, but I had no idea what. What did I want to do?

"Timmy!" I jumped as Ellie came barging in. "How would you like to go visit your hometown?" the most random thing to hear at 3am. I took another deep breath and fell back on my bed.