MIAMID

Foreword:

Hello, and how are you this day, ladies and gentlemen?

I know, I know, this part is a drag, and you can always skip it, but don't blame some confusion on me because of that! This will be short, I promise!

For a quick skim of what made this story possible, it is the idea of presumptuous people in my home country we refer to as 'assuming.' Sure, it's a verb, but when we refer to someone as such, it's a noun! It's used to describe someone who tends to assume or presume things. (I know 'assume' and 'presume' have their respective differences, but I believe both apply to our female protagonist.)

With that, I had this idea of an epistolary years ago about a guy who needs help with some of his homework, and he had no choice but to turn to this girl because of reasons, whatever I may come up with back then. Unfortunately for that guy, this girl may be smart, but she's overly presumptuous! Specifically, she frequently assumes he has a crush on her for approaching her even after all his explanations.

That's the basic premise of this refreshed version too! With many changes to the plot, character goals and backstories, and overall course. The previous one was nothing but a funny idea to play around with that had zero to no character goals, desires, fears, and development, and this improved version has more to offer! As it has all the things that it didn't have before.

OH! And, while this story is in English, it takes place in a provincial city based on an actual provincial city in the Philippines, and the surnames can be hard to pronounce, but I'll give notes at the end of every chapter when someone's surname is ever mentioned!

Now for the second part of this note, my general idea for what kind of book this will be!

I originally thought of this as a short story with epistolary elements in some chapters, but after completing the planning and briefing of all the events throughout the story, I now have no idea! :D

By the time you're reading this, there might not be any chapters available yet, or it's still ongoing, or it's done, but it's all unedited—either way, know that during this point, the only things I have in mind for this are a novelette, novella, or novel. This would likely be a (short?) novel since this book will have approximately 24 chapters, with uncertainty whether it will contain dual parts per chapter, but other than that, the chapter count stays!

Oh, and this will be in dual POV! Wherein they switch points of view after every chapter, not every part. Eh, there's an indication on the chapter title, anyway, so I supposed you're good to go!

Before I finish this, one final reminder for everyone here reading is that this book is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents are products of the author's (me) imagination and are used fictitiously. Many (but not all) resemblances to actual events, places, and persons, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

Copyright © by Mari Crystal ()

All rights reserved.

(Only on Wattpad)

-

One final note:

This book's incredibly adorable cover was designed by TheTigerWriter! Check her out!

-

"Not everyone wants to become a prince in earnest, but sometimes, certain people desire certain roles because of the princess he gets to spend eternity with—and there's nothing wrong with that kind of motivation."

- Maybe I Am, Maybe I Do