6 - A Boyfriend (Shane)

Chapter 6 – A Boyfriend (Shane)

-

"Did you get all that, Shane?"

"Mhm!"

"Good. Well then, everyone. Thanks for coming today. We'll meet again tomorrow after class to check in on the forms and finalization of the plan. Have a good lunch." Gary smiled warmly at everyone and nodded.

Everyone else packed their things and spoke among themselves. I looked over to Santos, fixing up his hair while Gary approached him.

"Shane, do you want to come with us?" I turned around to Lyka's tapping on my shoulder. "We're going to eat lunch here in school."

"Oh?"

Trisha excitedly popped her head behind Lyka. "We heard the school cafeteria is open today! Probably because some professors or something was also working on a Sunday."

"Well," I tapped the pen on the clipboard on my arm, "we have volleyball practice at two o'clock in the afternoon. So, Coach Salonga may have pulled some strings too."

Lyka grinned. "Sweet! Best you come with us then, too, no?"

"Sure! I'll just hand these notes over to the chief. I'll meet you guys outside?"

"Okay!"

As soon as they left, I turned around to go over the chief of the publication organization, Gary, and our treasurer, Santos, arguing about a video game again.

"You don't understand the greatness in her character, bro. She's not a meta long-ranger for no reason, you know!" Santos said, doing finishing swirls on his gelled hair.

Gary pushed his glasses up and crossed his arms. "Meta isn't going to stay on top for long. You see what happened with the red-haired guy, right? He used to be on everyone's to-get list. Now, so many people hate on him."

"You forget that he's still strong. People just hate him because of his personality. And because they never get him."

"Still doesn't prove why you keep insisting I stop using my preferred long-ranger."

"We can't have too many long-rangers in our party, dude!"

"The melting effect works well between your and my archer, anyway, especially in the new map. So, what's the big deal?"

"Ahem." I didn't want to disturb them, but this won't end until I interrupted. "Here's everything we've discussed today in order."

Gary glared at Santos before taking the clipboard from me. He smiled. "Good work, secretary!"

"See you guys tomorrow!"

They hummed in response, but I'm one billion percent positive these two would continue arguing where they left off once I left the room.

"Ah, Trisha, Shane." Lyka stopped walking and swiveled around to face me. "The library is right around that corner, and I kinda need to borrow something. Do you guys mind if I go for a bit? I'll be quick, I promise!"

Trisha perked up and fished her bag for something. "Oh, right! I forgot to return a book I borrowed last week! I'm so dead. I'll go with you, Lyka! What about you, Shane?"

"I'll go with you guys."

The two of them immediately proceeded to the counter to speak with the librarian as soon as we got here. When Lyka got her permission to borrow a book, she went to the second floor to look for it. Meanwhile, I was sure Trisha embodied the sobbing emoji while she wrote an apology note for forgetting to return her borrowed book.