𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄: Heck of a Day

_________________

1956

"What a precious flower, brother, what is it?" Philip had said, admiring the white flower.

World War Two had ended, and the sons of the Katipunan had thrived for the first, with freedom and celebrations bursting in the atmospheree.

But Del dissapeared, the search for him was still ongoing.

Even though Philip had lost many things during colonization, he was still happy to experience this for the first time.

"It's a Sampaguita, Ili. The national flower of the country." Martial exclaimed, he had his free time; he was as busy as ever since the war. He was the country leader now. Philip smiled. "Its amazing." He said, sitting down beside the flower, he sighed to hinself. He gently touched the petal, feeling its smooth and soft surface.

He was still recovering from his wounds, not physically, but mentally.

The war took a huge impact on him, with both of his colonizers fighting over the land, and for freedom. Something that'll haunt him forever. Yet again, that one colonizer was his lover. Past lover. They broke off eventually due to the fact the Imperial Japan had tried seperating them, conquering the Pearl of the Orient. They could've been together still but it didnt work out. It was all for work, that shit. America left the land after, and continued on his mainland. The states, he called it.

The two had stayed in silence until Martial broke it, "Well, Ive got to go to work." Philip turned to see him, "Right now? Okay.." Philip looked down, getting up. "Bye, Kuya." He said. Martial nodded and went. He didnt say goodbye either.

Philip sat on a bench, beside the flowers. He looked around the silent, pleasing atmosphere. He wanted things to stay like this, forever.

He looked at some drooping flowers farther off the other flowers and scrambled to his feet, getting a water bucket and silently watered the malnutritioned plants. It didnt get better treatment than the others, it looks like. It was a Nerine. It repersented freedom and good fortune, while the Sampaguita symbolizes purity, hope and fidelity.

Flowers calmed Philip, even if he couldnt remember their names, it was wonderful to experience looking and smelling them.

He'd wish his future would look like a flowers;

With strenght to survive, the determination to keep going, nutured by the people around him, and eventually fall a peaceful death. It was a plan, but a very bad one. Though he liked the sound of that.

_________________________
present.

America walked over to me, I was a bit nervous in the encounter. He flashed a bright smile to me, which made me perk a brow up. Reyes told me that he came, but then went to do some paperwork assigned by me.

"Mahal! Long time no see!" America came close, his eyes hidden by his sunglasses, but a smirk appeared on his face which made me suprised by his actions.

He had a black suit, for formality. I know he doesnt like them.. How could I not remember? He probably wore them just for appearance though.

Beads of sweat appear on my face, shook with no words.

"How are you?" He asked, looking at my face, I stare into his shades.