{ 17: Crisis and Thought. }

Phil's POV.

[Its been a long time since Ive done a first person POV, ahh. Basically forgot how to write them)

I ran to the nearest near-isolated place I could find, yet, even though all the places around were packed. It was hard running with four bags aswell. It was a pain to carry, and I started panting as I rested on the vacant bench I found.

I sighed as I palmed my face with my hand not knowing what else to do. I remembered about that person; North Korea. He could be the only person in this that could help me. It would hurt to try. Right?

I zipped open China's purse and picked up his phone. It had a red and golden phone charm stuck to the case, it looked cool. Besides that, I opened it. It had a pass code, but I was pretty observant and saw that when China had always opened his phone- he'd enter this exact combination.

Anyway, I opened his contacts and contacted North, in hopes I could atleast get a bit of advice, or even some help.

I rang him a few times.

No answer.

"North..." I sighed. I rang once more, this time, he answered. "North!" I exclaimed, a bit happily. I heard shouting from the other line. Maybe he was at work? "China," North spoke. Followed by some words in Korean I didnt even understand.

"What do you want?" He said. He sounded a bit frustrated and disappointed for some reason. "I'm at work, make it quick." He said with a scary voice. I didnt like it at all.

"Its me, Philippines. China's not here.." I replied. Informing North that China wasnt present. He seemed to be shocked, well, thats what thought. "Ah. Why not, is he drunk? You should see him when he's drunk. Its funny as fuck." I heard him laughing, I furrowed my eyebrows. I wouldve laugh, but this is a serious situation. There's like- no time to be laughing!

"He's.. been taken away." I inhaled. North became quiet again. It was basically irritating me, "North?" No answer. No reply.

"North Korea, for goodness sake!" I shouted, becoming annoyed. And I was, I was extremely annoyed. "Sorry. What?" He said in a concerned tone.

"China's been taken away by- America?! Probably! I dont know why! We were just hanging out in the mall!" I said in worry. Almost a bit too loud though, because some people walking past stared or looked at me. "Do you know where he's been taken? Surely you mustve seen where he went." North replied, sounding way more serious then before.

I thought for a minute. Ugh. Dumb brain. Why didnt I think of that? Have I seriously become dumb these past few days? Why do I even need reminders.. "No. I mean.. yeah, I have no clue." I frowned, clutching the phone to my ear.

"America was there with me when he was captured- I dont know why he would do that." I shuffled in my spot due to how uncomfortable I was. "Have I become to dependant on people again?" I asked, just wanting some advice. "In my opinion, yes. China is smart and he's way too controlling. I think you should be happy you're free." North Korea responded, which made sense.

It made my head hurt. Have I seriously forgotten myself? After being free for so long Ive become the subject of the three most powerful countries. I'm basically up for grabs now. That.. sucks.

"He knows Martial's location- of course I need him." I glanced away. "I think its about time I repayed China anyway..

I'll be there. Just you wait." North said and hung up. I raised my eyebrows as I stared at the screen. I was confused.

It didnt matter.. all that mattered was me getting home anyway. I need rest!

After he got home he tiredly put the snacks on the kitchen counter and flopped onto the sofa. It was now late, well, a bit late. The moon was rising and the sun was setting down. The stars were visible now.

He opened his phone and looked at new notifications. Not much new, very boring. He looked to the side and saw his bag, halfway opened. He stared at it before zipping it fully open and looking at whats inside.

A few gifts he was supposed to give his brother. That was if he saw him. "What a shame." Philip frowned. He groaned as he used his pillow to bury his face in. He was quite confused in what to do.

Wait for North? Find China, or atleast try? No. That would be impossible.. or would it?

Maybe he could persuade America.

See, being an ally of him is quite handy in this situation.

"Perhaps I could bribe him with some oil and gold." He smiled to himself.

[ALSO- I BASICALLY REMEMBERED THAT CAMBODIA WAS THE CHAIRMAN LEADING IT TO BE 2022. FOR NOW, PRETEND ITS 2023 JANUARY.

(also, I havent included the Russo-Ukraine war in this story cause I feel like its kind of.. not my thing to be writing about like ongoing major conflicts, (that majorly affects Europe aswell) ]