chapter 3- clarissa pt.1

Trigger warning: suicide

Amongst the dark, the light will always shine through. Amongst the lies, the truth will always find its way out. Amongst betrayal, revenge will always occur.

I had a best friend once. Her name was Clarissa.

She was gorgeous. Kind. Smart. She was just that kind of girl. She was perfection.

Was.

Although she had one bad trait about her.

Selfishness.

The selfishness that flourished inside her was rarely showcased. However, one day it conquered her.

We met each other through ballet class. Although we had seen each other at school we had never spoken. We were 9. We would gossip over how annoying and rude our strict ballet teacher was. Her name was Madame Willot. We thought we were hilarious.

One day when we were 12, Clarissa and I were having a sleepover at her place. Clarissa had the idea of searching up Madame Willot's name online. Madame was relatively young, I'd say she was roughly in her early thirties.

What we found online about Madame Willot was career threatening. Just think of your worst. Let's just say she had a job that wasn't very child-friendly.

Clarissa's eyes gleamed when she saw this. She absolutely hated Madame Willot to the point where it was highly concerning.

She printed out all this information about Madame that she knew could get her fired in a heartbeat. Clarissa told me she wanted to bring it in to expose her. I didn't know what to say, I was only 12. I didn't have any experience of ruining someone's life. I just didn't want to get involved. So that's what I did. I just brushed it off.

The next day at ballet class. Clarissa brought it in. It was in her bag.

I don't think her bag was closed properly because it slipped out. And Madame Willot saw it. She anxiously picked it up with shaky hands. Tears streaming down her face. In a shaky voice she demanded to know who printed out all of the photos and information on her past career.

I felt Clarissa's eyes on me.

She whispered in my ear, commanding me to say it was me. I looked straight in to her eyes, furrowing my eyebrows as if she was crazy. Spoiler alert; she is.

She kept pressuring me to admit it was me who did this. Saying if she admits it she would be in more trouble than if I admitted because my parents are more lenient.

I don't know why, but I did. I just admitted it. I allowed her to control me like that. I just let her treat me like a soggy hotdog.

So I stepped forward and shyly raised my hand. And wrongfully admitted to something I didn't do.

That was the beginning of many more events of me covering up for Clarissa's wrongdoings.

Madame Willot dropped to her knees and began crying. By then it was the end of the day, so our parents came to collect us.

Clarissa told her parents about Madame Willot's past and obviously that spread on and on to the other parents. They came to an agreement they didn't want someone like that teaching their children. It's a shame, despite her strict ways she really was a good ballet instructor.

The parents were furious and shamed her relentlessly. They petitioned to get her fired and cursed her out when they saw her around town. We live in a small town so the news of Madame Willot and her past spread around fairly quick.

She was the town's most hated.

Three days later Madame Willot was found dead in her home.

She had committed suicide.

In her letter she didn't even write anything towards her family or friends.

She just wrote "I'm sorry" fifty-seven times.

The town mourned her death. Hypocrites.

The whole town of Selbrook was there at her funeral. Her very own murderers attended her funeral. They even had the audacity to start crying. Specifically, Clarissa had the audacity to start crying. She gained popularity at school for being a ballet student of the woman who committed suicide.

She played the part so well. The sad student. She didn't actually care. She had no remorse.

That was the start of Clarissa's need for attention. The greed and utter hunger of wanting all eyes on her.

Her downfall.

But before everyone's downfall, they always have an uprise.

————————
hey guyss!
i actually really enjoyed writing this new character.
i hope she angered you as much as she angered me
anyways get ready for another clarissa chapter
this is also another short chapter so i'm sorry about that😭
stay tuned for more!
word count- 783
30/08/22