chapter 8- picnic

"Wow." I say in awe.

"Yup." Jacob shrugs, fidgeting with his fingers.

"Wait so you're not new?" I furrow my eyebrows, desperate for an answer.

"No I joined last year, November time."

"Wait I was hospitalised around November."

"Okay?"

Ouch. That's rude. He didn't need to say it in that tone. He knows what he was doing.

"So you started school as soon as I left. Interesting..." I rub my chin and narrow my eyes, "At least I know your story now."

Wait, he's not new. He isn't the fresh new start I was hoping for. He's probably heard all the evil rumours about me.

"So you're Cancer Girl, huh?" He leans back and crosses his arms.

"Ugh I hate this Cancer Girl nickname. I don't even have cancer anymore. Please don't tell me you've heard about those other things about me."

"You mean you being a home wrecker?"

"Do you seriously believe that?"

"Kind of hard not to believe when they made it your middle name. Cancer Homewrecker Girl. It has a nice ring to it." He says while painting a smirk on his face.

"Okay Mr. Drug Dealer," I wipe the smirk right off his face, "You of all people cannot talk about nicknames."

"That doesn't define me." He tries to justify his actions but I'm just not having it.

"Oh it definitely does." I chuckle.

"Whatever Stalker."

"Gosh, do not say that."

"What was it you said again? Eye candy. Oh yeah you think I'm cute." He tries teasing me.

"That was then. This is now. Keep yourself in check," I roll my eyes at him in a sarcastic manner, "I'm a changed woman."

"Don't even." He says smiling purely.

Then he stopped.

"I've got to get somewhere, so bye I guess." He says without emotion.

Ugh I was so close. I was so close to finally removing the barricade. I got a taster but when will I get the full meal. I got him to be himself for a little while. Now he's gone back to icy Jacob. Hurray.

She just leaves me there. In the library. Alone...I forgot I hate books why am I here.

I run out of the library and try to catch up with Jacob but ultimately I fail.

It's the end of the day. I go to my locker and-

Oh what a nice surprise, I forgot Jacob was my locker roommate.

"Hey druggie." I say, plastering a threatening smile on my face, imitating Pennywise. There's an uncanny resemblance.

I can tell he's holding back his laughter. He begins walking down the hall and I follow. There's a swarm of people around us. It's extremely busy. We walk near the side of the wall.

He just ignores me and I continue to pester him. I'm looking at nothing but his face. And his jawline. Whew. Who knew a jawline could be that perfect. I definitely didn't.

We continue walking. As I stare deeply at him I forget my surroundings and trip on probably someone's leg (or third leg, I don't know what it was but it didn't feel like a normal leg, it was oddly positioned, I'm scared).

As I prepare for a heavy fall I close my eyes and hope people don't make this one of my many scandals. I brace for impact and feel nothing. Huh? Why am I feeling nothing?