𝐗𝐕

𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐁𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐎𝐍𝐒

•|°

276 𝐀𝐂, 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐠'𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠

"Your highness. Your highness!"

Jon Connington pushed through the overcrowded streets of King's Landing. He was shielded from the sun's unforgiving rays by a drab cloak that hid his face and rich regalia well.

A little too well, perhaps, for men and women alike jostled him about as he tried to follow his prince through the streets.

Jon came to a halt in the middle of the street. He turned every which way searching for Rhaegar, but all he saw were mummers, rats, flea-bitten commoners, food on sticks and even lovers pressed up against a wall in an alley.

He was lost. Jon huffed. Then, his arm was yanked so hard he thought it was going to be ripped from his body, and he found himself in an alley reeking of excrement, human and horse.

"Who the bloody hell--"

"Shh!"

A bronze hand covered his mouth. Looking down, he saw a petite figure in a cloak standing in front of him. A woman, then.

"You're going to get us caught," she hissed. His brows furrowed at her Dornish accent.

"Elia?"

"Yes, Jon. Now be quiet, follow me and hurry up!"

She then proceeded to continue pulling him down the alley. For a girl so thin and apparently sickly, she was quite strong.

Once more, Jon was back in the dense crowd and the odour of poverty struck him so hard he almost recoiled and lost Elia. He didn't however and bumped into her when she stopped outside the erect stony structure of Havenfyre. Rhaegar, still clad in his cloak, was leaning against the side of the building with his head down. There was someone next to him, also covered, and they appeared to be having an intent conversation.

"Did you find him?" Asked Rhaegar's new friend when he and Elia approached. The princess rolled her eyes.

"As you can see, brother, I did. I told you to trust me."

Oberyn raised his hands and chuckled. "Sorry, sister, but I thought Red here would be harder to find with his hair covered up."

"He was mewling like a sick kitten. Not too hard to find."

"Hey!--"

"Yes, sorry about that Jon," Rhaegar apologized. He shrugged. "I had to lose you. You would have blown my cover."

Oberyn laughed. Elia punched his shoulder.

The four of them got moving again, and this time more quickly.