𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈

𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐘

𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄
𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐘

•|°

281 𝐀𝐂, 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐡𝐚𝐥,
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬

Baelon pouted. Tears welled as he glared daggers at his older brother. Aegon hugged the toy close to his body, stony determination dancing in his violet eyes.

The dam broke, and Baelon's cries pierced through the silence of the solar.

"Oh, gods."

Seconds later,Naerys trudged out, fingers running through her silver waterfall of hair she attempted to weave into a braid and her sleeve dangling off her shoulder.

"There, there. Shhh." She picked up Baelon and bounced him on her hip. "What happened?"

Aegon looked away, hugging the toy tightly.

"Aegon."

His bottom lip wobbled. "It's my turn."

She massaged her forehead with thumb and forefinger, muttering exasperatedly, "Oh, Egg. Give it here."

"But--"

"Aegon."

He held fast to the toy. Rhaegar stepped into the room, buttoning up his doublet. Aegon shot to his feet and ran to his father's side, clutching his pant leg and toy dragon as tears dribbled down his rosy cheeks.

"What's happening?".

"I'll give you three guesses." Naerys's eyes flickered to the toy. He got the message. Baelon had stopped crying, fortunately, but he kept sniffling. She lightly tapped his nose in an attempt to get him to laugh.

Rhaegar crouched to Aegon's level.

"It's my toy," muttered the young prince angrily. He hid the object behind his back. "My dragon."

"Would you like to know a secret, Aegon?"

Reluctantly, his son nodded. Rhaegar licked his lips, glancing at his wife who was busy with Baelon and the slumbering twins across the solar.

She didn't want their son to know so soon. Alas, he saw no harm in it. The boy would learn some day, most likely soon. Why not now?

"One day, you will be King," he muttered. "King of all the Seven Kingdoms."

Aegon's eyes widened with wonder and excitement.