𝐗𝐗𝐈

𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐌 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐌

•|°

279 𝐀𝐂, 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞

Rhaegar flicked his wrist. Arthur's sword spiralled through the air, landing with a quiet clank a meter away from them.

The hairs on the back of his neck rose and he turned, swiftly, to parry ser Barristan's attack. With a burst of strength, he was able to push him back in time to defend himself from Arthur's dagger. Beads of sweat rolled down his face, into his eyes, momentarily blurring his vision but not blinding him entirely as he disarmed his best friend with a few quick thrusts.

Ser Barristan planned a sneak attack but Rhaegar was quick and, just as he reached for his other sword, the prince's blade danced at his Adam's apple.

"Do you yield?"

Ser Barristan chuckled. "You ought not to be so cocky."

Rhaegar smirked, arched a brow and jerked his head downwards.

"Funny you should say that."

Looking down, the kingsguard saw a dagger aimed over his pelvic area. Ser Barristan was aghast. He did not even see his other hand move.

"Where did you learn that?"

The Silver prince's gaze flitted upwards to the tiltyard's balcony. There Naerys stood, supporting Aegon with one arm as he eagerly leaned over the railing and Baelon fast asleep in the other. Aegon's indigo eyes were wide open with awe and wonder. And he wasn't making it easy for his mother, either, as he constantly kept jumping up and down.

"Papa!" He pointed at Rhaegar, smiling toothlessly. Naerys chuckled and winked at her husband.

Rhaegar's chest warmed at the sight of his family and he returned his son's smile.

"Papa!"

Naerys pulled Aegon back slightly and kissed the crown of his head. "Papa is busy right now, sweetling. He'll join us shortly. Alright? Hm?" Aegon pouted and was about to fall on the brink of tears. The princess attacked him with kisses and his quivering bottom lip soon widened into a cheerful grin as he shrieked and giggled.

The prince of Dragonstone finished his training with Arthur and ser Barristan. As he went to freshen up, Naerys took herself and her children to Aegon's garden to enjoy the flora in bloom. At least, her first born did. Baelon was still swaddled and fast asleep.