𝐗𝐈𝐗

𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐇 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐍𝐀𝐌𝐄

𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐇 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐍𝐀𝐌𝐄

•|°

278 𝐀𝐂, 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬𝐰𝐨𝐨𝐝

There fell a certain slant of light on the delicately folded ends of her cream shift. The curtains billowed in the gentle breeze and the sound of birdsong carried on the back of the wind into the tent; its whispers speaking to their beating hearts that, if she stayed still and quiet long enough, could hear beneath the rest of the chaotic silence of her womb.

Naerys lay a hand on her round belly as she lowered herself into a chair. She felt like she was going to pop at any minute and, when she at last sat down, the pressure her stomach carried was relieved slightly and she breathed a relaxed sigh. The Silver princess leaned back, her silver-gold locks tumbling down the back of the chair as she closed her eyes and felt the reassuring caress of the sun's rays upon her skin.

Oh, how she missed the sunlight. She'd been stuck in the drab palatial tent for only two days now, but two days was enough to push her to the brink of madness.

It was to be the prince of Dragonstone's nameday in two days. To commemorate this his nine and tenth nameday, he had proposed a royal hunt which many of the courtiers were more than happy to attend, herself included.

At first, Rhaegar refused on the grounds that travelling in her condition was most unwise. But Naerys was nothing if not determined and she insisted she accompany her husband for the hunt. Rhaegar nearly cancelled the whole affair for her, but she pressed him to let it carry on.

And carry on it did.

Naerys was nearing the end of her term. So, if the child decided to pop out at any point during the hunt, it and its father would likely share their day of birth.

That in itself would call for feasts and tourneys unlike the realm has ever seen before.

The princess stroked her stomach again, sinking further into the chair to get more comfortable; a task that proved increasingly difficult with each passing day.

She smiled when she felt a little bump against her hand. It sent her heart aflutter with boundless joy.

"You're an active one," she whispered.

The flap to her tent was pushed aside. Ashara and Catelyn stepped inside. Both were dressed and ready for the morning hunt. The princess greeted them with an amicable smile.

"How fares our little dragon?" Ashara asked, pulling up chairs for herself and Catelyn.

"Excited." Naerys shifted so she was seated more comfortably. Her face scrunched in discomfort.