Nqobile

"What's her surname' the text from Danso read

'No idea man, help me out'

'Let me get this straight, you want me to look up a woman who's surname or number you don't have. All you know is that her name is Lesedi and she drives a dark grey Jetta but you don't even know the number plate?"

'Yes'

'Fuck out of here, beside wasting my resources, what exactly do you intend on doing when you find your taxiezy driver bearing in mind you're paying lobola in 2 weeks'

'A simple No would have sufficed'
Phakamile texted back

I don't know what I expected when I went through Phakamile's phone but those texts were not it.
He's slept around a bit but for him to use @Lesedi1 as a password to our Dubai apartment as well as on his laptop got me nosy.
I searched everything I could get my hands on and the only mention of her was via text conversation he had with Danso.

I actually thought it was cute how infatuated he seemed over this student. It felt more like he was worried for her wellbeing as a female taxiezy driver.
From the tone alone I thought that if he did eventually find her, he'd offer her a job rather than his dick. I did not see this coming.

He left me with his phone to do God knows what and we both knew I'd grovel at his feet because I was wrong to think he was cheating (again)

I couldn't help ask myself, where did I go wrong? Was there more I could have done? And most importantly, what was so special about Lesedi.

It was one thing to hide my relationship with Phakamile in the media, another to watch him publicly cheat on me when rumours of us being together surfaced but for him to leave me for a chubby faced, below average wanna be blogger was a kick in the vagina.

4 years!! 4 years I have known this man and there isn't a single picture of us together on the internet
I think even the ones on my cloud, there's only a few I can think of but yet a week after breaking off our engagement he poses for pictures with her?! Her!
What hurts the most is that he was yet to even buy a ring stating it's only for show so I'd get one when we have a wedding
And stupid old believed him. He didn't even propose, there had been tension between us for weeks because I needed more reassurance since he was traveling more and acting distant. He denied any wrong doing and simply stated
"Fine then, I'll send my dad and uncles to your family, I'll get them to write and send the letter"
5 weeks later lobola was paid but I could still feel the tension between us. 3 months later he recalled the proposal and then the award show incident happened

It's vain I know but he didn't claim me! not even after our "engagement" and there's nothing I wouldn't have done for this man.
He thought he was being coy by making it seem as if she was his brother's date but I knew better.
No one would believe this but I had no intention of being physical with her, ever for that matter
But when she feign innocence and refused to acknowledge me, it tipped me over the edge.
Is that how little Phakamile and this girl thought of me?
Phakamile would do the same thing at events, claiming that because I'm famous, he doesn't want to be content for any sort of social media including my own

My pride wouldn't let me acknowledge the hurt and heart break Phakamile put me through.
He had cheated before but that's the worst of it, men cheat all the time, rather be cheated on by a billionaire who spends on you
I took pride in knowing he tried to hide it and it was never more than just sex, lots of women envy me solely for that.

Some influencers and actresses had him for a night but that's all there ever was.
His cheating has kept me relevant because there's no such thing as bad press, as long as my name is in circulation, it's fine. Our relationship was never confirmed but rumours are sometimes better than the news itself because he always came home to me and I left enough clues for those who care to look deeply