Lindisipho

"Sthandwa Sam(my love), you must come this weekend without fail. Sam will pick you up at the airport tomorrow" Gogo says with authority before hanging up

She's handling this a lot better than I am,
I love Gogo I really do but my heart isn't in it.
She's accepted that Lesedi is gone and a memorial service is being held this weekend.
The Mzimelas are not invited or even made aware of it.
Gogo made me promise not to say anything, even to Nsizwa whom she was fond of.
I don't blame her though
As it is now, he is strangely close to Noxolo so I can't even trust him because she and I are still not speaking

I stay in touch with Nsizwa for Lesedi updates, which rarely ever come about

It's been 4 months since Lesedi's disappearance, I thought I knew what pain was until it happened but my anxiety is now at an all time high
Its affected my relationship with Tebogo so much so that we're currently on a break
He wants me to get over it as if it's a minor thing
Best friend doesn't even come close to describing what Lesedi and I are to each other

Gogo was beside herself when she found out and was hospitalized for 2 weeks when Phakamile informed her that Lesedi was missing.
He did well by not telling gogo that Lesedi had been pronounced dead at the hospital
The only problem is that the Mzimelas can't trace her body and Nsizwa is certain that it's the people who shot her that took it.
The camera footage of her entering the hospital is there. I cried when I saw it, she was bleeding from her abdomen and the front of her sweatpants was covered in blood.

A man was accompanying her but somehow was able to strategically avoid having his face seen by the cameras.
Lesedi collapsed just as the nurse approached them, they wheeled her into some emergency room that didn't have cameras.
An hour and a half later they wheeled out a body covered with a green sheet and it went to the hospital morgue.
The unidentified man was at reception then and as luck would have it, loadshedding happened and the cameras were down for 45 seconds and he left the hospital.
When Phakamile eventually got there, her body was missing
Phakamile somehow believes that 45 seconds was enough for this strange man to do God knows what.
The hospital claims that Lesedi's body was taken by her family, I think if Phakamile wasn't so occupied with finding Lesedi, he would have sued and shut down the hospital

He has officially lost his mind, I haven't seen or heard from him for months now. He's always away entertaining any clue he gets because he still believes she's alive.

I would believe it too if it wasn't for her blood that was found all over Phakamile's Rover.
That and the fact that she hasn't been heard from nor has there been any ransom money request.
Phakamile's friend Jay, also had his wife kidnapped a day and a half after Lesedi went missing but she's back now.
They tortured her and she's currently in hospital struggling with her memory, Nsizwa seems certain her return will help us find Lesedi.

I look at my phone after Gogo hung up, I've had the same wallpaper for 7
years now, even though I've changed my phone 3 times since.
It's a picture of the sunrise by the ocean taken on one of the best days of my life. A soul settling day were I was affirmed and validated, if anything it was the first time I acknowledged that I'm truly loved and accepted for who I really am.

"Don't freak out neh" Lesedi drunkenly said

"But you almost feel like Khwezi, it's not even now but the years that we've been friends. Like when I first saw you, you were so rude but somehow nice and kind. You felt safe and for the longest time I've deluded myself into thinking you were meant for me.
Like Khwezi sent you my way to keep me sane, keep me alive somehow.
Friend please don't freak out about it, I just really love you and I want to do this life thing with you till we're old and grey" she said with a big sigh holding my arms tightly