Long Lost

"I don't even know why you want to get to know some crazy man that claims we're his family." Cat spoke annoyed that her sister wanted to go to England to stay with some long lost cousin her found. "School starts in a four weeks E."

"We'll be back home in no time, two weeks tops." The older sister spoke while she packed her bags. "Start packing we're leaving in four hours."

Catrina groaned rolling out of her sisters bed and onto her knees on the floor. "I hate you." She muttered while picking herself off the floor to walk to her own room to start packing.

She did not want to spend the last weeks of summer vacation in England with some people she's never met. But her sister was dead set on getting to know this new family, Evie longed for family dinners, halloween parties, and Christmas traditions like they had growing up before they're parents died. But Cat's older sister didn't realize she could never get that back, it was impossible.

Cat accepted long ago that it would always be her and her sister, she was far more level headed between the two even if her head was always suck in a book. Cat loved reading nonfiction, always wanting this fairytale love story like the ones she's read about. But she knew that those stories weren't real.

Hours passed and the two sisters were sat on a plane heading to England. "He didn't have to buy us first class." Cat muttered causing Evie to shrug "he's really sweet, you'll like him once you met him."

'Doubtful' she though. She had never been good with social interactions so she highly doubted she would like anyone where they were going.

The girls were silent the rest of the plane ride, both falling asleep until the plane landed where they were met with Oliver Alexander who hugged Evie excitedly. "Oliver this is Catrina my sister." Oliver gushed over the younger girl seeming almost surprised by Evie having a guest. "I hope it's okay we added an extra ticket to the payment."

"Oh yes plenty okay." Oliver lead the girls to the car where they drove for a couple more hours much to Cat's disappointment. Her body ached from the long journey.

"We are going to the De Ville Manor, the wedding will be there." Oliver told the girls as the pulled down another long dirt road.

They arrived minutes later, Cat quickly getting out of the car stretching her sore body. She followed Oliver for a moment while Evie talked to some of the maids that were outside. "It's beautiful." She muttered to her cousin.

"Isn't it." He spoke back turning back around where Evie was. "Come I have someone I want to introduce to you." Cat followed him to her sister. Evie was in conversation with a handsome man who looked there age surprisingly. Neither of the girls expected people there age to be here.

"Walter" Oliver spoke "you beat me to the punch I see you've been introduced."

"Yeah" Evie spoke the same time as the man said "No" before continued "well not formally." Oliver smiled excitedly once again "well this is my cousin I was telling you about Evie Alexander."

"It's Jackson." Catrina spoke bringing attention to her. "We're still Jackson's." Oliver turned to Catrina "Walter this is Evie's sister, Catrina Alexander." The man before her seemed almost surprised before forcing himself to relax before them.

Cat almost wanted to roll her eyes again but stopped herself, she didn't want to appear rude even if she was in a bad mood. "Girls this is the Lord of the manor Walter De Ville."

"Lord" Catrina muttered under for breath surprised now herself. "You can just call me Walt." The man Walter spoke to them. "Oh uh, hi Walt." Evie spoke seeming almost embarrassed. "Hi" Walt smiled back.
"So I was the one that ran into them, and the glasses." Cat smiled as her sister tried to get the maids out of trouble. "It really wasn't their fault."

"Okay, I'm going to find a place to read." Cat muttered to her sister no longer wanting to feel awkward. "Take care of my bags yeah? See ya." She muttered the last bit walking away from the conversation. She wanted to get a better look at the lake that they passed driving toward the manor.

She was unable to read in the plane as she kept getting motion sickness. She also didn't want to sit down in a bed because she didn't want to fall asleep, she needed to get use to this time zone.

When she finally made it to the lake she smiled at the view. Wishing now she'd brought a swim suit, she loved swimming and soaking up the sun. Living in New York there wasn't many opportunities to actually swim and enjoy it. She sat down on the ground beside the edge of the water letting her hand make small ripples before she started reading her now wet hand making the book pages damp.

"Beautiful isn't it." She heard from beside her seeing the Lord walking toward her. "It's a dream." She muttered looking back out to the water. "I apologize for my surprise earlier I wasn't expecting another guest."

"That's okay, I'm normally the invisible one between the two." She spoke smiling softly at him. "She didn't tell Oliver about me either if it makes you feel any better. I wasn't planning on actually coming." She told him "no offense."

"None taken." He spoke his voice so captivating that she could listen to him talk all day. "Why is it you didn't want to come?" He questioned. "Some of my friends were going to a lake house this week, I had planned on going with them." She started "but I wasn't going to let Ev's come here by herself. I tried to talk her out of coming."

She watched the male nod "what are you going to school for?" She smiled at the question "I'm getting my English major to teach. I really like kids."

"Did you go to school?" She questioned. "Private tutors." He answered before sitting down beside her, not to close to make her uncomfortable. "What are you reading?" Cat tried to stop herself for smiling, she really did but this man was charming, and his full attention was on her. "The Vampire Academy." Cat watched as an even bigger grin broke out onto his face.

God he was handsome.

"What's it about." He asked again causing her to jump into full detail. He smiled as he watched her go into extreme detail about every little thing she could think of. "God my sister is going to fall so hard for you." She muttered after she noticed how he was looking at her. She was upset that Evie seemed to always get every guy she wanted. Her sister was more outgoing and loud spoken.

For once I want to be first choice..

"Come along darling, it's getting late." He spoke to her pushing himself off the ground and offering her his hand to help her. "Thank you for sitting with me." She spoke after moments of walking.

When they finally got to the manor Walter walked her to her room and bid her a goodbye. "We wasn't expecting another guest you'll have to excuse the dust." He spoke before leaving her alone in her room.

It was beautiful but she was to tired to inspect the room so she quickly changed her clothes and put her phone on charge. Texting her sister a goodnight and getting comfortable in the huge Victorian style bed.

Letting dreams of fictional men plague her mind.