Old Men and New Friends

"I hate you." She muttered feeling like those are the only words she's spoken to her sister since they left New York.

They were about to meet more long lost family members much to Catrina's dismay. Evie was practically forcing the girl into a dress. Catrina didn't like dresses. "I'm not a doll." She told the older girl when Evie started slicking her hair back with gel.

"While your here you are! these people are very rich Kitty." Evie reminded. "Finish your makeup." The younger sister groaned before doing as she was told. "Do you like him?" She questioned as she applied mascara. "Walt."

"He's very charming." Evie answered. "Are you ready?" She questioned causing the younger girl to nod and leave Evie's room. Cat followed her sister into a large foyer off the the side of the front entrance. The room was filled with older men and their wives. "God I hate you." She muttered again as people started to walk over to talk to them. She put on a fake smile indulging in the conversation.

After plenty of small talk an older man called for a toast that he made out toward the Jackson sisters. Evie also said a sweet heartfelt speech that Catrina knew she meant. This was all Evie wanted, Cat just had no interest in this world. She'd rather sit in her bed and read her stories then talk to people that made her feel awkward.

She was able to slip away surprisingly, she practically ran from the room and up the stair not really paying attention to her surrounding when she ran into a small girl. She was blonde with her hair just above her shoulder, wearing a sundress. "Oh I'm so sorry." Cat spoke "I wasn't watching where I was going."

"Oh you must be Evie." The girl almost squealed causing Catrina to smile "I'm Cat, Evie's my sister." The girls smile grew and she practically latched onto the girl. "Your beautiful, I've never had a sister." She spoke causing Cat to laugh at the bubbly girl before her. "It's not all it's cracked up to be I promise."

"Can I show you around the manor, have you had a tour?" She asked "could we go swimming? The lake out there is beautiful." Cat asked "do you have a bathing suit."

"No, c'mon we'll go ask Walter to send someone to get them for us." The girl who she still did not know that name of "I'm Lucy by the way." Catrina smiled as she followed the girl across the Manor and into what she believed was Walter's bedroom. "Walter, Catrina wants to go swimming and we need bathing suits."

"Of course love." Walter smiled at her "I'll send someone now." Catrina watched as he rung the bell in his room and the butler immediately showed up. "Yes Sire." And Walter immediately told the man to send someone to the store.

"You did not have to do that." Catrina told them, "we could've just gone in some old clothes." This caused Lucy to grip the girls hand in reassurance. "Nonsense, while your here you will not want for anything."

Catrina felt her face heat up and she couldn't help but think able how much she hated her sister for wanting the same man that she wanted as well. "We can get ready together with Viktoria tonight for the bridal party." Lucy spoke so fast Catrina almost didn't catch what she said. "I have the perfect dress for you."

"Lucy" she watched as Walt seemed to almost warn the girl before her. "She's not Evie." The blonde girl bit back

"I'd love to Lucy." Catrina stopped the discussion between the two. "Who's Viktoria?" She questioned
"A friend of the bride, You'll meet her tonight. I can't wait to get to know you." And with that the blonde hyper girl pulled Catrina out of Walt's room and into her own that was just a couple doors down.