Sleepless

Days passed and Catrina worked restlessly, calling hotels and motels all around the country that Dimitri could be staying. She came up with nothing, sadly. She had just wanted to help Walter be less stressed about the situation.

She didn't know what to do and it was eating her alive. Lucy was restless, the girl couldn't sit still because of a constant worry. Viktoria was angry, the girl picking at the three other De Ville's as a way to deal with her emotions and Walter was seemingly scared, the coven was slowly turning against him and the man didn't know what to do. For centuries he had been paying for there land, their blood supply, their women and now that there's a threat they are ready to run away in fear.

Then there was Catrina who was just tired, she no longer wanted to spend countless hours trying to figure out something she really didn't understand how it was being done to began with, and that was how to hide in plain sight. Clearly Dimitri knew how to stay and on move and keep hiding or herself or Walter's friend would've found him.

Not to mention Walter had started the process of getting them enrolled in the fostering agency's and they had women coming in at random times to do inspections of the house. Which alone was causing more stress.

"You need to sleep." Lucy spoke to the younger girl as she walked into Catrina's room. "No I need to finish this it's due tonight." Catrina told her "an hour won't kill you" Lucy told her "your no help to us or yourself when your about to pass out from exhaustion."

Catrina nodded "okay, wake me up at 3, that paper is due at midnight." Lucy nodded as the girls laid down in Catrina's bed. Catrina immediately falling asleep on the blondes chest.

Hours Later

"And done" she muttered causing Catrina to smile as she sent the email of her paper to her professor. "Lu, I'm going to the store I want some hot Cheetos I'll be back in thirty." She mumbled to the blonde who nodded "do you want me to come with you?" She questioned while yawning toward the end of her sentence "no Lu go to sleep."

And with the Catrina left the room walking downstair toward the car in no mood to try and locate Mr. Field. The keys were as always in the glove department.
The streets were dark as the girl made her way to the Convenient store parking lot. The parking lot was empty as she put the car in park, got out and locked it before making her way inside.

The store was one worker that shot her an annoyed glare no doubt over the fact that Catrina was visiting the store at midnight. She made her was to the snack section pushing the buggy to get multiple assortments of snacks and fruits. Things like chips, bananas, strawberries, cookie dough, chips ahoy cookies, and plenty more. When she checked out she once again mentally thanked Walter for his money as the purchase was 120 dollars.

She walked back outside to the car to load the trunk, the cold air nipping at her  skin. After closing the trunk and making her way around the side of the car to open the door Catrina felt a strong hand wrap around her mouth as she was slammed against the car window that shattered at the impact.

Then moments later a cloth was placed over her mouth suffocating her, and that was when she lost consciousness.

So I will probably be posting once a week now, I really need to focus on school. Sorry for the short chapter this is once again a filler for the ending of this act.