Prologue

PROLOGUE

Thea's POV:

I am Althea Winters, 21 years old and studying engineering. I am an only child born to two of the busiest people on this planet, a neurosurgeon, and a business woman. My parents gave me everything I needed; a roof over my head, money, food, education but I wanted the one thing they could not provide; love, care, attention and a happy family. Do not get me wrong I am thankful for everything I have but I would trade all these in a heartbeat just to have a normal family time with my parents.

I know being on the phone while driving was dangerous but I did not know thinking while driving could be dangerous too, dangerous enough to get killed. I saw a flash of light from the corner of my eye and the next second all I felt was the car spinning and blood oozing out of my head. Slowly everything turned black and I felt like Floating.

Same time in TVD Universe:

3rd Person POV:

The Gilberts have just picked their eldest daughter from the party she snuck out to. The mood inside the car was a bit gloomy as Elena, the eldest daughter, just broke up with her boyfriend Matt. While Elena's mother and sister, Miranda, and Thea, were comforting her Greyson Gilbert tried to talk to Elena and help his daughter in any way possible. As the family were driving over the Wickery Bridge, the car skid and drove off the bridge resulting in the immediate death of Grayson and Miranda Gilbert, Elena and Thea Gilbert unconsciousness.

As the paramedics came, they saw the two Gilbert girls unconscious next to the water body and a car floating with two bodies in it. It was a miracle on how the girls survived. On the way to the hospital the doctor's figured Elena was unconscious but the same cannot be said about Thea. Thea died for 15 minutes and suddenly woke up gasping for air but within seconds she too fell unconscious. Even after going to the hospital the doctors could not figure out what happened to Thea.

Elizabeth Forbes called Jenna Sommers and Jeremy Gilbert to inform them about the accident that took place. Within 30 minutes the aunt and nephew came running into the hospital to see the survivors. Jenna was informed of the accident and what happened to Thea. The next day Elena woke up and heard the news of what happened, she wanted to see her sister but she was not awake. They do not know when Thea will wake up. The funeral for the Gilberts happened. It was all taken care of by Jenna and John. The two Gilbert sibling were lost than ever, their parents died which flipped their world's upside down and their younger sister is not waking up. When Thea finally did wake up it was four days after the funeral and she was different.

Thea's POV :

When people die, they are supposed to go to either hell or heaven, that is what I knew. However, I was not in either of those places. I did not understand what was happening all I saw was white truck and people's heads over me then I fainted again. I do not know how long I was out or if I could even say that. During my time out I saw visions of a girl who looked like me, Thea Gilbert. At first the name reminded me of The Vampire Diaries, but as the more memories I saw I concluded that these were a character's memories who was from vampire diaries. Although I do not remember a Thea Gilbert. Slowly everything was falling in its places and I might have a slight clue about what is going on.

I got my clarification when I woke up and I saw Nina Dobrev, Steven R. McQueen, and Sara Canning. Nina Dobrev started speaking and suddenly everything made sense "Oh My God Thea!! You are finally awake, I thought I lost you too! Please do not ever die on me. You, Jeremy, and Jenna are the only family I have left!!" OH MY GOD I AM THEA GILBERT IN THE VAMPIRE DIARIES!! I assured Elena, Jenna, and Jeremy that I was fine, the doctors came to check on me and concluded that I was just stressed and needed more rest.

Jenna told me how they had to conduct the funeral without me as it needed to happen soon. I stayed quiet during the whole explanation as I started crying when realization hit me that I will not be seeing my actual parents again and I am dead to them. Jenna noticing me crying started apologizing furiously and hugged me. After calming myself down I explained to her that I understand and she does not have to blame herself for anything, I did feel a little sad though. Thea had a live I have always dreamt of, parents spending time with her, showing her that they love them and having siblings.

Although I am sad, I lost my previous life and missed my parents from that life I am grateful that I got a second chance at life and a future where I know hat happens. That second, I swore that I will always protect my present family and will love them till the end.

Hello Readers,

Thank you for your support and patiently waiting for me to update. Here is the prologue and I will update new chapters soon and they will be longer. Also please comment on who you would like Thea to be with, I originally thought Kol or Henrick but I would like  to see your ideas too. Also please vote and comments.

Author.