3

Cedric did put his name in the goblet of fire.  So did several others, such as Victor Crum. 

As I made my way over to Hermione, the Weasley twins entered the room. 

They were galloping around, smiling, with little viles in their hands. 

"Look what we have here!" Fred smiled, as he dangled the potion fills vile in front of Hermione and I's faces. 

"What is that?" Hermione questioned, not even looking up from her book. 

"An aging potion, so we can. Put our names in!" George giggled in Hermione's ear. 

Hermione, clearly annoyed by them interrupting her reading, slammed her book shut and glared at them. 

"It's not going to work." She told them. 

"Don't waste your breath," I spoke to Hermione, "I already told them it wouldn't work.  Besides, I have 20 Galeon's betting on it not working."

"You better have those Galeon's in hand, darling." Fred winked at me. 

I rolled my eyes, and shook my head.

Fred and George stepped up on a bench, and linked arms. 

"Ready, Fred?" George asked him. 

"Ready, George!" Fred replied. 

"Bottoms up!" They both said, quickly drinking their viles. 

The twins jumped into the circle that surrounded the goblet. 

For a moment, I thought they were right. 

But then, the circle threw them across the room. 

They both quickly turned into old, long haired men. 

They wrestled each other on the ground, as they argued. 

"You can bring me my Galeon's tomorrow!" I chuckled. 

Cedric ran up to me, and gave me the 'let's go' motion. 

I got up quickly, and followed him out of the Great Hall. 

"Come on, hurry up!" Cedric chuckled. 

I quickened my pace to catch up to him. 

"Your legs are longer than mine!" I laughed. 

"Get changed into like a party dress, or something.  I'll meet you at the Hufflepuff door and let you in." Cedric smiled. 

"Whats wrong with this?!" I scuffed at him.  I was still in my school uniform and robe, but so was he. 

"Nothing, just everyone is sort of dressing up.  I didn't mean anything bad about it, but you would have been a bit angry if I wouldn't have told you... and you showed up to be the only one not dressed up." Cedric continued to walk quickly. 

"Ugh.... fine, I'll see you in a little bit." I said, and we both went our separate ways. 

I ran up to Hermione and I's room.

I threw on a little black dress, and did a full face of makeup up.   I did a dark glittering eyeshadow to top it off. 

I already had a little bit of makeup on already, I had been covering my black eye up. 

I figured I would just go all out for this party. 

Besides, I liked to do my makeup.   It was comforting. 

"Where are you going?" Hermione asked me, as she slowly walked into our room. 

"Party.   Don't know when I'll be back, don't wait up for me." I sprayed some perfume, and ran out the door. 

At the Hufflepuff entrance, there stood Cedric.  

He stood tall and proud with a smile on his face. 

"Glad you made it." Cedric stepped aside, as he opened the door for me.  

"Yes, did I meet the dress code requirements?" I joked, as we entered the Hufflepuff common room. 

"Indeed, now let's find our way to the drink table." Cedric led me through the crowd of people.  

They were all dancing and jumping to the music.  

Strobe lights flashed to the beat. 

As Cedric lead me through the drunken sea of people, one person caught my eye. 

Draco Malfoy

He stood at the edge of the crowd, dancing slowly to the music.

He looked unsure of where to look, until his eyes met mine. 

"Cedric!" I huffed, as I turned my attention away from Draco as we made our way to the drink table. 

"Yes?" He questioned, as he poured me a drink. 

"You didn't tell me that... he was going to be here." I rolled my eyes, as Cedric handed me the cup.

Cedric looked back over his shoulder at Draco. 

"Don't look!" I spoke quickly. 

"Well," Cedric smiled as he turned back towards me, "you wouldn't have come if you knew he was."

"Man," I quickly chugged my drink, "everyone is already drunk.   I've gotta catch up."

I poured myself another drink.  

"You're not gonna like this." Cedric nervously ran his hand through his hair.  

"What do you mean? The drinks taste fine.   Who ever mixed them made them strong." I giggled, as I took a large swig from my cup. 

"...not that... Draco's coming this way." Cedric whispered to me.  

I turned my head back for a second, to see that Draco was in fact walking over to us.  

Or at least trying to.  

He was pushing past people, as he stumbled around. 

I sighed loudly.  

Great... here we fucking go.

Draco pushed himself between Cedric and I, placing his arms around our shoulders. 

"Hellooooo.... glad I could make it, Ced!" Draco slurred his words together, as he spoke to him.  

"Yes, it's a good time." Cedrick smiled at him. 

Draco turned his head towards me. 

He gave me a sloppy smile, as his cheeks grew a pink tone to them.  

"Who's your friend, Cedric? She must be newwww...." Draco giggled.  

I shot him a weird look. 

"I'm Draco Malfoy." The blond boy smiled. 

"Ha. Ha. Ha." I spoke sarcastically, as I sipped my drink.  

"What's your name?" Draco asked me, taking my cup from my hand and taking a sip. 

"Malfoy, we've gone to school together since we were 11.  You know who I am." I chuckled.  

"No we haven't." Draco whispered. 

I looked up at Cedric, as he was trying to contain his laughter. 

"Do you want to dance, or what? Or are you gonna argue with me all night, darling?" Draco winked at me. 

That broke Cedric's composure, causing him to let out a long laugh.  

"No." I spat at Draco.  

"Yes, we will." Cedric quickly answered. 

And the two of them lead me to the middle of the dance floor.