22

From the moment we all got to the Weasley's, you could feel the tension in the air. 

Between Fred and I, and Hermione and Ron, the whole house could feel the anger between us.  

It wasn't too bad at first. 

It was unusually quiet, with a lot of vile looks between the four of us. 

I didn't want to spoil the others Christmas, they seemed like they were enjoying themselves. 

Talking, and opening gifts. 

It really didn't seem too bad, until we sat down for the meal. 

That's when all hell broke loose. 

"So, how was the ball?" Molly asked, as we all sat around the large table eating.  

All of us kids went silent. 

"Well, I thought it was wonderful." Ginny spoke up. 

"Yeah, it was alright." Harry chimed in. 

I looked up from my plate. 

I hadn't touched a single thing on it, I wasn't hungry. 

"Yeah, everyone looked wonderful.  I thought it was nice." I spoke quietly. 

Fred's head snapped towards my direction. 

The way Fred stared at me, it felt like he was burning my soul with his eyes. 

"I'm glad you had a good time dancing with Malfoy." Fred spoke through gritted teeth. 

I didn't say anything. 

I bit my tongue, because I knew if I said anything... it would cause an uproar. 

That was the last thing I wanted. 

I could feel everyone looking at me.

My stomach had crawled up into my throat. 

"Ohh!" Fred started again, "she didn't tell you guys that?! She decided to start dancing with Malfoy, instead of me... her date."

The more Fred talked, the more I felt like throwing up.  

He was deliberately embarrassing me. 

That was how he was going to get me back, making everyone hate me. 

He wanted everyone to have a reason to be mad at me. 

George slammed his hands down, causing the whole table to shake. 

I jumped a bit.

Everyone turned and looked at George. 

He was visibility angry.

"But Fred here, left out the part where he walked out on her." George spoke up, defending me. 

I looked at him surprised. 

"Tell them, Fred! Tell them how you left her on the dance floor in tears!" George yelled at him. 

Fred seemed to slump down in his chair a bit. 

The twins began bickering back and forth. 

Ron and Hermione began arguing as well. 

As everyone continued to argue, I slowly got up from the table. 

I silently walked away, up the stairs and into the bathroom. 

I lowered myself to the floor, and sat next to the table with my back against the wall. 

My eyes filled with tears, as I silently cried. 

I was so embarrassed and angry.

That was such a dick move. 

I would never do that to Fred

Never in a million years.

After a few minutes, a soft knock on the door sounded throughout the room. 

I quickly wiped the tears from my face. 

"Who is it?" I asked. 

"George... can I come in?"

"Sure."  I sighed. 

George slowly creaked the door open, peaking his head in first. 

He gave me a sweet smile, before coming in, and shutting the door behind him. 

George sat down next to me, and I rested my head on his shoulder. 

"I'm sorry that my brother is a real git." George huffed. 

"Yeah, he is. I don't know why he's been a total dick.   It's not just today, he's been on and off over the last couple weeks" I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. 

It took everything inside me not to start crying again.  

"I don't know either. He'll come back around."

"Maybe... Or maybe he'll figure out how to embarrass me in front of the whole school." I replied. 

George wrapped his arm around me, and gave it a little squeeze. 

I opened my eyes, and looked at him. 

"Do you think I could go back to school tonight?" I asked, "it's nothing to do with you or your parents. I just... think I need to be alone for a day or two."

"I figured that.  We will get you back to Hogwarts faster than you can say 'Merlins beard'."

After that, I gathered up a few things and went back to Hogwarts that night.  

After I unpacked my things, I found myself sitting at a window looking out into the court yard. 

Watching the bright moon reflect off of the sparkling snow. 

I have always found the moon and the stars to be so wonderful. 

It helped me keep my mind off of everything as well.  

"I thought you went out for the holidays." I voice spoke from beside me. 

I turned to see Draco standing there, with a soft smile across his lips. 

"I could say the same about you."

"My parents had business else where to attend to...." Draco began speaking.

  He trailed off, his words stopped in their tracks, as thought for a second.

"Can I sit down with you?" Draco asked, and before I could answer, he sat down at my side. 

Draco rested his elbows against the window frame, as he gazed at the night sky I was looking at a moment before. 

As the two of us sat there for a while, just staring out the window. 

There was no one there to bother us. 

The castle was quiet, hardly anyone there.  

In that moment I had realized that I truly didn't want to be alone, I just didn't want to be by Fred Weasley.