12

Cedric sat on the floor of the west corridor, staring at his golden dragons egg. 

Cedric glanced up at me, only for a second, before his eyes returned to the egg. 

"I don't get it, it screeches like a monkey.  I don't understand what it's supposed to mean!" Cedric expressed, as I approached him.  

"I'm glad the dragon didn't eat you." I joked, sitting down next to him. 

Cedric was covered in soot, blood, and dirt. 

"Hermione said you were looking for me." I spoke again. 

"Yeah, I can't figure this damned thing out.  You twist the top and it pops open, when it pops open it screams." Cedric shook his head, handing me the golden egg. 

I twisted the small nob on top, causing the sides to fall open. 

The egg let out an ear piercing scream. 

"Holy hell!" I gasped, as I quickly closed it. 

That's when a cane tapped between us. 

There stood professor Moody, glaring down on us. 

Where did he come from? 

The two of us looked up at him, waiting for him to speak. 

"If I had something screaming like that, I would drown the damned thing." Moody growled before hobbling away. 

Cedric slowly turned his head towards me, with a fearful look on his face. 

"That was rather harsh." Cedric replied. 

Drown it?

What does he mean?

That's when it all clicked. 

A smiled appeared across my lips, as I jumped up to my feet. 

I pulled Cedric to his feet. 

I pulled Cedric through the corridors, running with the egg in my other arm. 

"Where are we going?" Cedric asked, as he ran behind me. 

"We are going to take a bath." I said, as we entered the prefects bathroom. 

I let go of Cedric, setting the egg down on the side of the large tub in the back if the bathroom. 

"What do you mean? Are we even suppose to be in here? Is this the girls bathroom?" Cedric questioned nervously. 

I started the water in the tub, then turned to him. 

"This is the prefects bathroom, so technically no.   Yes, it's the girls bathroom.  But, no one ever comes in here." I replied. 

Cedric crossed his arms over his chest, as his eyes scanned the room. 

"Why doesn't anyone come in here?" He asked. 

I sighed, as I looked up at the ceiling. 

I took a deep breath in. 

"Myrtle!" I called out. 

Her laugh echoed throughout the bathroom, as she flew out from one of the stalls. 

"Ahhhhhh! Oh.... hello." She giggled, floating over to Cedric. 

"Who..." Cedric trailed off. 

He looked concerned and confused. 

"I'm moaning Myrtle!" She howled.