27

Shortly after the clock hit midnight, everyone started slamming drink after drink. 

I managed to chug 5 or 6 in 15 minutes. 

Man, after those hit... I was pretty wasted. 

"Where's Cedric?" I managed to slur out. 

"I... I think he left?" Draco questioned the own statement that came out of his mouth. 

"Well... I better head back to my room then." I chuckled out. 

"You want meeee to walk you?" Draco slurred together, as he sipped another drink. 

I let out a laugh. 

"I don't think you could walk in a straight line... let alone up and down the stairs to get me back." I honestly don't think I could do it myself either. 

"You're cheeks always go red when you've been drinking, you know that?" Draco gave me a little smile. 

His drunken eyes blinked slowly, as he waited for my response. 

"Goodnight, Draco." I said, before I stumbled through the Ravenclaw house, and out the door. 

I stumbled through the dark corridors,  trying to make my way back to the Gryffindor house. 

...

I don't remember getting to the Gryffindor commodore, let alone my own room.

But that next day, I woke up in my own bed. 

I swear, I have never felt so hung over in my fucking life. 

My head pounded constantly, the lights made my eyes burn. 

Every inch that I moved only fueled the nauseous feeling the boiled in my stomach. 

I laid in my bed in the dark that whole Sunday. 

It was one of those days where I laid there praying to God saying, 'I promise I'll never fucking drink again if you just make me feel better.' 

...

"Morning." Draco whispered to me the following day, as I sat down in our first class Monday morning. 

I barely made it in time.  

I was still in the old makeup from the party Saturday. 

"Hey." I replied. 

"Some party, huh?" Draco smiled, as he glanced up at me from his text book. 

"Yeah, I'm still trying to recover." I chuckled. 

"I see that." Draco laughed. 

I shook my head, as my eyes continued to scan the pages of the book.

Under the table, Draco nudged my leg with his. 

"What?" I whispered, not looking up from the book. 

"Butterbeer for lunch?" Draco asked me. 

"You buying?"

"I'll buy you whatever your heart desires, darling." Draco spoke smoothly. 

"Sure." A smile appeared on my face. 

For the rest of that class, Draco and I sat silently smiling, as we pretended to read.  

Soon, the bell dismissed us.

Everyone got up from their chairs.

As everyone began to file out of the classroom, Draco slipped a small piece of parchment into my pocket before disappearing into the crowded halls. 

I grabbed the paper, and opened it. 

Meet at the library entrance before lunch - D.M :)

Aww, that was sort of sweet.

I shoved the note back into my pocket, before continuing on the my next class. 

As I rounded the corner I saw Draco talking with Goyle. 

"But... I saw you dancing with her at the ball." Goyle spoke loudly. 

Oh God.

I quickly backed up behind the corner, so I wouldn't be seen. 

I pressed my back against the cold wall, and listened. 

"Oh please," Draco scuffed loudly, "I had to. The skint would let me leave if I didn't."

"What?!" I whispered to myself. 

I quickly covered my mouth with my own hand. 

I stood still, scared to peer around the corner again. 

"What's that supposed to mean?" Goyle questioned him. 

By now, mostly everyone had gone into their classrooms now. 

The halls had quickly grown quiet. 

"I mean, I was trying to leave.  She was bawling on the stairs.  She grabbed me, and begged me to dance with her. She wouldn't let me leave unless I did." Draco's voice seemed to echo, as he spoke. 

I could feel my heart sink into my stomach.  

My throat went tight, as I tried to hold my tears in.  

"You really think that I would be anywhere near her.... willingly?" Draco spoke again, "the only difference between her... and a Weasley is the last name.  She already lives with those beggers."

Oh. Oh.

In that moment I could feel my heart shatter into dust. 

How could he say that?

How could Draco Malfoy drag me through the mud, and not bat a single eye about it?

The tears began to stream down the sides of my face, as I heard their foot steps grow further away. 

My sadness had quickly grown into anger, as I wiped the tears from my face. 

No. No!

He's not going to do this

He's the one that wanted to dance with me!

I took a long deep breath, and began marching down the hall in the direction Draco and Goyle were walking.  

As I quickly approached them, I gripped the necklace in my fist. 

With all my might, I ripped it off of my neck. 

The chain that held it together busted, and a few of the links went flying.  

I quickly threw the necklace across the ground behind them, as I was only a few feet behind them. 

The necklace glided across the floor, before rolling in small circles. 

"You dropped something, dick head." I spat directly at Malfoy. 

Draco and Goyle stopped in their tracks, as their heads both turned behind them.  

Draco's facial expression dropped, as he saw the necklace sitting on the ground. 

I quickly ran into the next hallway I saw. 

I felt like I was gonna cry again. 

"Fucking hell!" I yelled, throwing my books against the wall.

My eyes began to swell with tears. 

I just kept walking. 

Unsure of what to do, or where to go. 

The only thing that I was sure of,

In that moment
I knew

I hated Draco Malfoy.