30

I hadn't talked to Draco Malfoy in days, besides when I was forced to in class. 

I stayed by Fred and Cedric for the most part.

Well, until lunch one day. 

...

Fred Weasley and I sat together at a table in the dining hall. 

Cedric sat across from us. 

The room was filled with a light chatter, when my eyes drifted to Draco. 

He was walking with his head down, and his hands stuffed into the pockets of his pants. 

He was walking with determination, right for us.  

"Shit." I mumbled, as I tried to stuff the last bites of food into my mouth. 

I wanted out of there. 

I just knew this wasn't going to end well. 

"No," Fred gripped my forearm, "Let's hear what he has to say."

Fred's grip kept me in my spot. 

I looked up at Cedric. 

His jaw tightened. 

Even he knew this wasn't a good idea. 

Draco stopped right behind Fred. 

There was so much tension in the room, it felt as if the air had went stiff. 

"Weasley." Draco spoke quickly. 

Fred stood up, and crossed his arms over his chest. 

"Malfoy."

The two stared at each other for a moment. 

The heads that surrounded us turned in our direction.

"I don't think she's enjoying eating table scraps with... the help. I think I'm gonna take her to eat somewhere wayyy out of your price range." Malfoy sort of chuckled at the end. 

Fred shook his head and huffed loudly. 

"She doesn't want you, Malfoy.  You're a prideful asshole." Fred fired back. 

I just wanted to get up, and run. 

Draco's face grew red with anger.  

"At least I didn't leave her crying on the dance floor of the Yule Ball.  I saved her like the price charming I am... and gave her a night to remember." Draco argued. 

"At least I didn't talk down on her to my friends.   She doesn't like you! So quit it! You're not gonna get anywhere with her!" Fred's voice rose with every word. 

More and more people turned to listen. 

More and more people stood around us. 

"Yeah, well I've kissed her!" Malfoy announced loudly. 

The students around us gasped. 

Oh no. 

No. 
No. 
No.

Fred's body stiffened up, as anger now fueled his every movement and thought. 

"I kissed her too!" Fred hissed. 

Everyone in the crowd around us went silent, as all of their jaws dropped. 

Oh.   My.  Fucking.   God. 

It felt as if my worse nightmares had all come to life at once. 

As the realization of what both have them said finally set in, both of their heads turned towards me in sync.  

Anger and confusion blended on both of their faces. 

I didn't know what to say. 

I didn't know what to do. 

I sat there frozen with fear. 

In an instant, Fred Weasley pulled his fist back, and punched Draco across the face. 

Draco stumbled back at the blow, before jumping at Fred, and tackling him to the ground. 

Both of them rolled on the dining halls floor, punching and kicking each other. 

This cannot be fucking happening right now. 

Everyone flooded around them, chanting,

"Fight, fight, fight,"

Over and over. 

I looked over at Cedric, who looked terrified. 

He didn't know what to do either. 

A group of professors bursted through the dining hall doors, to break up the fight. 

I quickly got up from my seat and ran. 

I ran past all the students running to watch the fight, and out the doors. 

Just as I thought I made it out of there, rounding the outside of the door, I hear professor Moody. 

"Not so fast!" He yelled from behind me. 

I turned back to see his wand in the air. 

He casted quickly at me. 

Within a second, my feet were stuck to the ground. 

No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't move them. 

It was almost as if my shoes were cemented to the granite floors. 

"Shit! Shit! Shit!" I yelled, as Moody marched up to me. 

The professors then dragged Malfoy and Fred out of the dining hall, before calming the room back down, and everyone went back to their eating. 

They then dragged the three of us into professor McGonagalls office.  

We all stood before her at her desk. 

Draco and Fred were all bruised. 

Both of their hair was messy, and their clothes all torn and wrinkled. 

"I don't even know what to say to you three!" She spoke at a near yell. 

The three of us didn't dare to look at each other. 

McGonagall stood up from her desk. 

"Not once in my many years hear, have I had a situation like this! Not once have I had a physical fight break out because of a situation like this! The three of you should be ashamed of yourselves!" She hollered at us. 

The three of us nodded our heads slowly, as we looked down at our feet. 

I wanted to cry so fucking bad.

"Detention for a week! For all three of you, and a letter to all of your parents! Now go! Before I think of worse punishment!" She yelled. 

I quickly turned and ran out of her office. 

Tears streamed down my face, as I ran as fast as I could. 

I didn't want to stop in fear that either Fred or Draco would say something to me, or even look at me. 

I felt so stupid. 

I felt so ashamed.